Check out this original survivor '47 Fleetline

Guest bofusmosby

Upholstery definitely not original, not even similar to original. Woodgraining doesn't look right. Engine wiring is modern. Appears from photos to have been repainted although I can't tell for sure. Bumper guards have been removed. Other than that it could be "all original".

Don

Guest bofusmosby

OK Don, I'm just showing my inexperience on cars.:o

I was just going by what the guy told me. He is asking $7500 for the car

It's a nice car, likely a decent buy It just struck me that several items didn't look entirely "original". I see cars on E-Bay all the time that are listed as "all original" that clearly are not. Often the sellers probably believed what the previous owner told them.

A similar car is on E-Bay now that does look to be "all original" if you'd like to see what the original fabric looked like:

Chevrolet: eBay Motors (item 370419780089 end time Aug-23-10 08:08:06 PDT)

By the way -- I like your Pontiac.

Don

Guest bofusmosby

I see what you mean Don WOW!!! What a car! I can now see the difference in the one you have the link to, compared to the link I supplied. Thank you! Hey, I'm still learning.:D

BTW, My car is a good 20 footer, but when you get close, you see the problems. But then again, when I am 73 years old, I myself will probably be a 50 footer.:D

Guest bofusmosby
bofusmosby, don't get too discouraged yet. I'm 74, and still look OK at 38 feet. Of course, that's only to people who haven't had their cataracts removed yet!

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

Well, at 53, I don't quite look like a kid anymore.:D

I always get a kick out of a lot of eBay descriptions: "This car has been fully restored. All original".

There used to be a guy here in town that sold "Genuine Imitation Leather" recliners. He would point out that you could get the vinyl covered one's anywhere! He sold a lot of them with that line...