Headlight Rims 1939 Buick

Guest trainman57

Guest trainman57

I am looking for headlight rims for a 1939 Buick Special 4 Dr Trunk Sedan. Would like to see them in person (Conn Area) or pictures

I have a pair of N.O.S. Guide rims I purchased for my 1936 Buick but they are too small and I suspect they are for a later model - maybe 1939.

The rims I have are Guide part number 920798 outside diameter is 7 3/4" and inside diameter is 6 1/2".

They are N.O.S. complete with packaging. If the dimensions are correct I can post photographs.

Edited by 50jetback
Add part number (see edit history)

Stuart: My 28-41 Chassis Parts Book does not list the exact # you posted; however, most parts listed in the headlamp parts section beginning with "920...." appear to be 1937 & 38.

I wonder if the number listed in my book was supersceded by yours or the part # is for another GM make or possibly a different # due to differences between Australian and US cars. Hopefully some else can shed light on this.

Hi, Guys. Be very careful on sizing. The 1939 Pontiac headlight trim rings also start with a United Motors "920" part number and are just a bit too small to work on the '39 Buick headlight shell. When I say "a bit too small", I mean there is no way they can be made to mount.....been there, tried that! John

• 3 weeks later...