Power Antenna and my Intro...

Guest 2ManyMopars

Guest 2ManyMopars

Hello to all. Glad to find this forum, it came recommended to me by a gentleman with a red/ginger 16v car in the Detroit area. He is a volunteer at the WPC museum. My car is an '89 yellow/ginger Turbo II.

I'm bringing the car back to life a little at a time (which is not to say it was ever dead, lol) but I'm taking care of a lot of stupid little problems.

At the moment, it's the power antenna. It's broken off (although I can hear it run). Give me your thoughts on replacement... Is there a compatible aftermarket antenna that looks at least 85% correct? Has a successful mast/cable replacement ever been accomplished? Is there a more common used antenna I could find, say from an older Chrysler 5th ave?

Here's a pic that shows (some of) my collection of unpopular Chrysler luxury cars, lol.

SU1HMDAzOTUuanBn.jpg

Guest My TC Toy

Hello 2many, and welcome to the thread. This is one location you will find lots of info on your TC. As far as the antenna is concerned, I am not certain, but I would think any Chrysler of the era would have a similar antenna. If you check with Larry at Chrysler TC by Maserati Parts he well may have a replacement mast, or will certainly be able to help you out.

AS far as "unpopular Chrysler cars" goes, I find the same thing where I live. I do not know why but a lot of Chevy and Ford enthusiast have no use for Chrysler at all. It is certainly not because of faulty or shoddy products (although they all had thrie share of them), if you research automotive history, you will discover that Chrysler was always on the leading edge of technology and innovation. At any rate, we know our cars and fully intend to enjoy them.

All the best.

Bob

the plastic teeth are broken off of the strip that retracts the antenna. I found one at my local chrysler dealer. i think most auto parts stores have a replacement as well. it is an easy replacement (even i can do it) the hardest part is getting the lock ring off. it takes two people to replace the antenna. one to turn the key on and off. you have to feed the plastic strip into the hole and it will automatically retract

Guest 2ManyMopars

It's not a matter of teeth being broken, the mast is gone... As in broken off and MIA.

Fuel lines have been tended to.

I bought and aftermarket unit today for $60, but man it was rough laying out that much dough for an antenna. :(