Sign in to follow this  
raywilks

windshield/gasket '48 continental

i need a new windshield and gasket for my '48 coupe. i bought the front door windows and vent wings from my local glass shop 3 years back. i have not asked him about a windshield yet.

is the windshield a different glass from the windows[i do have the old windshirld] or will that work? also, i remember recent conversations about gasker fit quality on here.

anybody been thru this exercise recently that will share with me ? any advice much appreciated . i am gonna finish this car if it breaks me!!! thanks, ray.

Ray, I ordered a new Gasket (Windshield) from I won't say Who , it looked like they took a piece of straight rubber and Glued the Two ends togather ,and not very good ,the glue was smeared a half inch on both sides of the Splice and the splice was not holding on one side.. I called them and they could not understand how that happened !!!!!Anyway I sent it back and instead of Replacing the seal they tried to Correct their sloppy Job, it was no better so I also returned it For Credit.. Then I orderded one from Boos - Herrel , its Much Better, it Has Moulded Corners and the Splice is almost invisable ..Of course it was about $30 more .. But Worth the extra cost..I haven't installed it yet but plan to the 1st cool day ..This 88 and 90 degree weather gets to me so I just stay in a cool spot if I can find one !!!