people and stealing

wildcat1562

i recently had people go back on my property and steal from the parts cars and the things i had put up on and in car

a total of about $3000 in parts for years 63 threw 66 cars

bucket seats, 45 fin and 90 fin drums, consols, three posi rear ends i had saved for my 65, stick pedals from some chevy cars i got, and numerous other things

i have never stole from anyone in my life, when i go to savage yards when people go what do you want to pay for it i always say its yours until i pay your price for it

and i always ask or offer something if people gave parts to me

now people stole from me

i have had that land and stored cars and parts up there for 20 years, never a problem

and they took only the things that where costly items, not anything eldse

so they are looking to resell them

and they should live in my area

so please, if you see thing on ebay, craigs list, or on the variuse sites please let me know, if they are from the wisconsin area

i have always trusted people, always tried to help people

on here people have wanted things and could not pay for them right away with things i have sold, and i let it ride till they can

it is just the way i am

please keep your eyes open for me

my wife said some people thought i died from when the car fell on me and the stuff went missing within the last week, she thought it was opertonistic people, that used to be close to me

thank you

Greg

1-920-893-0629

Edited by wildcat1562 (see edit history)

Cowards. I think stealing is one of the most despicable things in a world filled with despicable things. I am truly sorry for your loss and I am truly angry for you. It's sad but honesty is not a behavioral trait we all possess.

Guest wildcat62

Greg, I am sorry to hear that. The good news is after everything you are still ok. You're a good guy and I am thankful for the help you given me locating parts. I hope some of the stuff turns up, if not all I can say is what comes around goes around.

i recently had people go back on my property and steal ...my wife said some people thought i died from when the car fell on me and the stuff went missing within the last week, she thought it was opertonistic people, that used to be close to me...

With friends like that, who needs enemy's. Sorry for your loss Greg. I wonder if the search engine on the Buy-Sell Forum would be helpful in narrowing down the craigslist field?

Guest mrgreg

Just Awful, keep an eye out on Ebay and Craig's list! They have to sell them somewhere. The police wont do it for you..

Guest larrygroskopf

Greg

Sorry to hear that there are more of these rats running around with sticky fingers. Will pass the word and keep an eye out. A good friend of mine just lost a complete race car valued arouned $50,000. He told me the money value is one thing but the idea that a person stoops so low as to take another mans things is unacceptible and hard to take. When someone steals from another it becomes a vey personel thing.

Yep, keep an eye on Craigslist.

A guy here in the San Antonio area just found his fishing poles on there. The punks are in jail.

By the way, if you do find your stuff on craigslist, have a law enforcement officer make the call to the seller and go with you to do the buy.

That sucks.

I had somebody steal parts from me, while I was there!!!

I was taking my 86 GN to get painted. I had just about every piece of trim off it except the minimum necessary to drive it to the shop. Bumpers held on by 2 bolts only, 2 screws per headlight, 2 speed nuts per taillight.... you get the picture. We're at my buddy's shop and I'm outside now removing parts and putting them in our Bravada when a guy pulls off the road and asks if I'm parting out the car. I tell him no, it's there for paint and I'm removing some final parts before paint. Lights are off and I'm removing the bumpers. As I remove one bumper, the guy leaves. I get the bumper off and put it in the truck. Then I notice, one of the tailights is missing from the back of the truck. I know it was there because I just took it off 5 minutes earlier. This *explative deleted* stole my tailight from our truck!!! Talk about balls and rude all at the same time!

Some people just suck. Karma will get them eventually.

I am sorry this happened to you. Last year I aided the daughter of a departed Crosley Club member in disposing of her father's collection of stuff. Now admittedly a lot was simply junk but he had 3 busses parked on his lot in the woods that were loaded with NOS parts from fifties to seventies air cooled cars. While she was deciding what to do, (and while the disposal was taking place) people saw fit to steal an enormous quantity of parts from the busses. Not only that but they stole 2 Panhard Dynas right off the lot. These HAD to be people who knew this man when he was alive and knew he had passed away and instead of contacting the family to buy the parts (which they could have gotten honestly for a song) they chose to steal from a dead man and his daughter. I hope there is a special place in Eternity for people like this!!!

Sorry for your loss and even sorrier we live in the world we live in right now. Ya can't even pull off and give someone whos stranded a hand. When my great Grandpa passed people saw fit to steal his tools, gas and just about anything else they could get. Grandma was still alive but had to deal with all the disappearing things around the farm. People can be real .....

Small theft for sure but boy this guy pissed me off!

This guy ran out of gas near my house and came a knocking...he asked if he could have some gas that I have. Strange because most would ask if I HAD any gas first right? Anyways I proceeded to show him what I had...about 2.5 gallons, enough to get him far enough to get gas. He said sarcastically "That's not enough to get me home!...where's the rest!" I said that's all I have other than mixed gas. He reply's "Well I bet you got some in those two cars you got here" I of course said no and then decided to myself that I was now not going to drive him back to his car, it was only about 300 yards away but to hell with this Bleep. Now all the while I was not thinking for a second about the container, of course he never returned it. :rolleyes:

At the time I was not thinking about my container...who would steal from someone who helped to give gas. Unfortunately it has taken another notch out of my good will towards others...

Back in the 50's my Grandmother was convinced one of the neighbors was stealing gas from thier tank. So when it was about empty she put in 20 gallons of fuel oil in the gas tank. About a week later the "neighbor" was in the yard trying to get thier car started when she was getting home from a trip into town. Minnie was very outspoken and informed them that liars and thieves would be thrust into hell. (one of her favorite scriptures no doubt) After she told them off they had to walk to thier place and get a tractor to pull the car home...

Too bad about the parts getting taken. They probably have no use for them, and really don't need the money they will bring either. People like that don't generally get far in life.

My stepson has stolen from me his whole life. I guess most of the stuff he takes ends up in pawn shops.

The most recent was during Ames. My brand new beard trimmer disappeared while we were gone.

My mother in law has no use for it and he was stopping in to look after her. Where else could it have possible gone.

usually it's tools, cash or collectibles.

He touches one of my guns and it'll be the last time he steals from me.

Small theft for sure but boy this guy pissed me off!

Small thefts are in a sense, the worst kind. They aren't enough for the police to care, not enough to bother with an insurance claim, but still reduce / remove faith in mankind. Lawn chairs going missing from the yard is one.... I try to give people the benefit of the doubt - everyone starts with a certain level of respect from me simply by being a human being and it is then up to their actions and words to gain or lose my respect. It is sad that many lose rather than gain.

In this case Bob, it is sad to see how rude people have become. Rather than being grateful that you not only had gas on hand, but that you were willing to help the guy out, all he can do is ask for more. Who asks for gas to get home? All they need is the nearest gas station. If they are farmers with tanks at home, they need to be more prudent about filling and how far they drive (although these aren't typically in the sort of situation described).

I'd better stop now...my thought process is going to get me in trouble with the political correctness police....

My brother lives down the street from me. He was in the Marine corps for 23 years and has a permit to carry. Once that got noised around (and he nearly always has it on him) all the problem renters in the neighborhood moved! And, the crack factory that used to be in an old railroad building has gone away as well. He says he didn't spend 3 1/2 years in Iraq to come up and put with with theiving pieces of crap. An old video camera on the roof of his house ruined another guys drug trade and that guy had to move as his trade came to a halt. That guy even had the nerve to come over and tried to get him to take it down as it was "ruinin his business". Roy suggested he move back to Detriot where he came from. That dirt bag is gone now as well.

thanks guys for sharing

its tough when it happens,

the best part is, i live in a small town, and people talk, and it is down to 2 people

and it seems they did it together

now just to figure out how to make the guy come forward that the one braged to

and yes

he told the guy he thought i died from the car falling and that my wife would not have knowen the differnce

i gave the guys name to the cops so we will see if he does the right thing

Greg

thanks guys for sharing

its tough when it happens,

the best part is, i live in a small town, and people talk, and it is down to 2 people

and it seems they did it together

now just to figure out how to make the guy come forward that the one braged to

and yes

he told the guy he thought i died from the car falling and that my wife would not have knowen the differnce

i gave the guys name to the cops so we will see if he does the right thing

Greg

You could do an OJ on him; if the cops won't file in criminal court, you could sue him in civil court.

Nice sleuthing Greg....I hope you get them in the end.

And just when you start to loose all faith in people, you hear about the NY ad exec that gave the homeless man her American Express card when she had no money to give him. You can guess what happened next.....yup, GONE, for 10 minutes or so. He racked up a whopping $25 on the card and returned it.

Homeless beggar borrows American Express Platinum Card to buy Vitamin Water and a pack of cigarettes - NYPOST.com

Homeless man reunites with woman who lent him her credit card - NYPOST.com

Of course there is a dark side here.....the fact that the clerks at the stores didn't prevent the man from using the womans credit card. Seems everyone was trusting that day...and it all worked out.

This reminded me of a neighbor we had when I was in grade school. He was one grade ahead of me. He always acted like he was your best friend but I never trusted him. I finally saved up enough money to purchase my first new S&K socket set. It had 1/4 through 1/2 all in one nice box. The first day I had it I was out in the driveway working on my first 55 Buick. (I was in 8<SUP>th</SUP> Grade) I went in the house for lunch and when I came out it was gone. I knew where to look so I walked down to my so-called friends house and low and behold my set was on his workbench. He had the balls to tell me he just bought it and was going to start work on his newly acquired 72 Nova. The thing that burns me up it that his dad owned two Standard Oil gas stations. But we had the last laugh because two years later his dad and uncle were busted for tax evasion and were doing five to ten. They had to sell the house and move away. Needless to say I kept things locked up after that.