1947 windsor 4 door, Highlander interior option or not?

Guest Superjustin13

Guest Superjustin13

Hey all i have a 1947 windsor that has the Blue plaid highlander interior, has all the Highlander interior the Handles, the seats, had no door panels on it or anything

The difference i see between Mine and others is My Dash Says Windsor on it

and not Highlander

I was looking at Windsor Highlanders and on the Dash above the controls says Highlander, Mine Says Windsor

Whats goign on with that? did someone put HIghlander seats in it,?

Guest Superjustin13

is there anyway else to distinguish if it is?

Whats the real difference between the highlander anyways? Just the interior right?

Its weird, i have everything Highlander interior, besides on the Dash it Says Windsor, instead of Highlander?

can someone elaborate? do i just have the full interior? or wrong dash, or Do not all Highlander interior options say HIghlander on the dash??>

its really bothering me, any info?

anything else to identify it fo ra highlander? the numbers off it? trim number? anything??

You should check the trim # on the plate on the firewall. That, if it is the original plate, will tell you what the car came with from the factory.

There is a good chance someone may have changed the upholstery material.

Also, if the car was a Highlander, the dash would say Highlander. Again, someone could have changed that part, too.

Best way to verify is by the trim #.

Joe

Is it possible your car has seat covers? They were a very common accessory in the forties and early fifties. Plaid ones were one of the most popular styles.

If so you are in luck. Your seats could be in perfect condition underneath, not even faded while others are sun rotted torn up and coming apart at the seams.

Keep the upholstery covered and it will last indefinitely, if you don't it will deteriorate in a few years

Guest Superjustin13

well, theres also a difference in the seats, I have no seat covers on, the Windsor seats are grooved several times in the seat, the Highlander ones are a straight bend seat with no grooves in.

• 1 month later...