65 riv wiper motor

Guest erock805

Guest erock805

I think im going to have to take you up on it. did you test that it works? Ive checked autozone, pep boys, checker Napa and have three posts on different clubs...

Wow I guess used its gotta be.

Edited by erock805 (see edit history)

For my '63, which should be similar if not identical to the '65, the Preliminary Service Manual talks about removing the driver hood hinge to access the wiper motor and pump. I did that ok to fix my pump when the bellows cracked. However, the wiper motor may be a little more difficult to remove because of the connecting nut to the transmission. I tried going through the cowl with no luck, my arm is too short to reach. According to some research I've done, this nut can be removed by going from the interior vent on the kick panel. Maybe someone else can add more value to this discussion.

For servicing your motor and pump, if you are looking for primo work, you can check out a place that specializes in '63-'67 wiper motor rebuilds for Corvettes in MD. I believe GM used the same motor and pump in both. They can make it a show quality rebuild. This is their website: Corvette Specialties Of Maryland.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest erock805

yeah we have had the hood off for 3 weeks. Found a used one locally but it didnt work. Going to pm carbuff or check out the vette place. I gotta get this back together.