1965 chevelle malibu 2dr hardtop stationwagon

mrspeedyt

today, near my folks house in ventura, california, while standing in line inside a store i noticed parked across the street a 1965 2dr HARDTOP malibu stationwagon. i have seen 1964 and 1965 chevelle 4dr and 2dr post station wagons for years but never a 1965 (or 1964) chevelle hardtop station wagon. i snapped a picture with my 2005 cell phone.... you can barely see the car because of the 100' distance... anyway, by the time i exited the store the car was gone. it seemed to have the regular 2dr hardtop side glass and c-pillar. the station wagon rear side glass and d-pillar must have been the same as the 4dr wagon (as well as tailgate although i didn't see the rear.) it is a maroon color and custom wheels. is it a custom one off or a rare production model?:confused: i'm trying to figure out how to post the picture from the cell phone. click on gallery mrspeedyt. the chevelle is right above the white volvo wagon. sorry that it's hard to see.

skyking, that one on ebay i have seen a number of over the years.... the one i saw today was 2dht.... the same windows and frameless door and no 'b' pillar as a malibu 2dht but with the roof continuing back beyond the 'c' pillar just as the stationwagon. i should have left the store as soon as i saw it and taken a close look. (and taken better pictures.) maroon car above the volvo wagon.

Archived