Sign in to follow this  
Equest

1930 Chevrolet

Greetings Everyone, I am new to this forum and I need your assistance in trying to find a restoration facility to restore my father’s 1930 Chevrolet 4door sedan. At this time the car is located in KissimmeeFlorida, and is disassembled, and in storage. It was in the process of being restored by my brother, but family commitments have put the project on hold. My father is up in years and I want for him to see this car back into it's glorious form before he passes on.would like recommendations for a top notch facility in the state of Florida, if there are any. If not, anywhere in the country would be no problem. If anyone can help us out we would be most appreciative and grateful.

Equest

Edited by Equest (see edit history)

Equest, I may have the guy for you right here in Tampa, I will ask my buddy Tony what his schedule is like, He does both stock & rods, and has a 35 himself. A semi retired former shop owner, he built this shop in his yard. Do you have the majority of the parts, condition, drive train?

He is 45 min away, you can meet him in person. Check out some of his customers cars. The Green 55 chevy was built from three, with the exception of the motor and wheels, the car is stock.

(Me next to the 34 Ford) The 34 is all original and the owner is the original purchaser, he brings it by for regular service.

I call this place the museum next door. got a ton more pics.

post-63023-143138267656_thumb.jpg

post-63023-143138267677_thumb.jpg

post-63023-143138267697_thumb.jpg

post-63023-143138267717_thumb.jpg

post-63023-143138267738_thumb.jpg

post-63023-143138267759_thumb.jpg

Thanks RM for replying.

In answering your questions. All of the parts to the car are intact and the frame, drivetrain, and engine have been cleaned up and repainted. The biggest issue is the interior, All of the wood componets and upholsery have rotted away due to water damage. But everything else like the windows and metal parts are in great shape. we can make arrangements for my brother to meet or talk to him. I appreciate the help.

Equest

Tony's 35 had the same issue with the wood, he may know, (or one of the site guys) where you could get a kit as opposed to fabricating the pieces. I put a call in and got his message, he will call by tomorrow.

John, any chance I could get this guys number as well? Since I live in Tampa, it would be nice to know where I could take my car if ever needed. thank you!

Just sent you PM, tell him "Neighbor John" ( that's what his car buddies call me) gave it to you. Good luck

i have owned my 1930 chevy coupe since i was 16 yrs old.i am 56 now.i have restored mine and several others.

i have a restoration shop in grand prairie,tx.(burbs of dallas,tx).

would be happy to help with your project.

robert hand

there is a fairly nice 2dr for sale in rendon,tx.he wants $8,000 for it.needs some minor work but not bad.

his name is lonny eskrandt

ph#817-478-7265

Suggest you find a shop with experience rebuilding cars with wooden body framing.

My Dad has a '30 Chevy "Special Sedan" that I would like to restore someday, but it needs a complete re-wooding... not for the faint of heart.

Good luck !

Desotofrank I have a32 chevy .When i got the car itvery little wood in it. Did it my self . Thatwas 35 years ago Have done other ones since for other people. It isn't as hard as one would think . I am doing a 1930 Oakland 4 dr now for myself. I was not a wood worker before ,I was a professional firefigher. I just enjoy working on the older cars. There are kits out there but I found they most of the time need reworking to fit right and get the doors to fit . kings32

Same here I am new. I Am trying to help a lady here locally sell and antique Chevy. I think it is a 1927 or 1928. Can anyone tell me for sure what it is.

Her husband was working on I but he died about 2 years ago. t looks like was doing a great job.

Here is a link to the photos on y skydrive...https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=01FD562806F8A00E&id=1FD562806F8A00E%21129Here are a few , but a lot on m skydrive with the accessories. Please send any info to dennismay@hotmal.com thanks!!!

Don't know how much you realize about that project. It is somewhat of a compilation of parts from different years. Looks like he was making a driver "depression truck", which is a melding of whatever was out in the orchard and barn that you could put together and make a running rig. The running gear, engine, and chassis appear to be 27 Chev. The cowl firewall appears to be 28 Chev but the dash is 26 or 27. Chevrolet did not have a 2 door with suicide doors in 26, 27, or 28 so that part appears to be off of a 28 4 door sedan. The folding windshield is late 29 or 30. They did not have a true roadster pickup in 27 or 28, it was a roadster with a pickup bed installed where the deck lid would go. 30 was the first true roadster pickup on the Chev line and there were at least two different wood bed manufacturers, 31 was the first metal bed. I am working on compiling enough parts to make a 28 model of what he was trying to put together - almost there folding top and everything, but no folding windshield. WOW you have to finish this to honor the work he did on it. I guarantee you will have a ball when it is done. PS You may have to add some weight to the bed to get it to stop. Many early OPEN cars were light enough that they would slide all the way through red lights with the rear brakes locked up. 28 had the first 4 wheel brakes on the Chev line.

Edited by art s
added comment (see edit history)

Thanks for the information.

I am trying to get an idea of what it is and how much to sell it for.

She is moving back to Australia probably next year .

She has already sold 2 full size fire trucks an English Taxi and a 1964 speed boat.

She had a guy come by every Monday to work on it, for half a day, for 2 years and he has done very little but take her money.

He is an odd sort anyway. If fact he thought it was to be given to him after she bought the parts and paid him to work on it ,lol. He got upset and she is a little afraid if him. He got mad and threw the keys to the shop when she said, she was not giving it to him. Go figure.

Anyway any ideas of the value as is and where to sell it for the best dollar value?

I have thought about eBay but just am not sure.

thanks for all your help.

Dennis

https://plus.google.com/photos/11658...L2b5Njy7tigsgE