Buick Rally Wheels for 66

Guest madisonight

Guest madisonight

Can anyone help me, I can't seem to find a set of chrome rally wheels anywhere to fit my 1966 Buick Riviera, I seem to come along 71-78 wheels all day long or run into dead end when I have a lead on the correct ones, I know it has to be 1966-70 to fit. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I hope I posted this correctly this is my first time posting one, I usualy find what I need to know by reading evreyone elses, but it seems I not alone trying to find rally wheels.

Guest rivguff

Hi,

I have a set of four of the wheels for the 66 to 70 Rivs with the 2 1/8" center hole for the cone shaped caps. They are in good "driver" condition. The chrome is a little dull from years of washes and polishing but none of the usual rust around the stem holes and such. They would need to be painted in the center but would be quite usable with a little effort.

I can send pics if you will send me your email address. Asking price is $200 plus shipping. They would be shipped in two boxes weighing about 50 lbs. each. Where are you located?

I am in Eureka CA.

Jerome Guffey ROA #5123

707-445-2176

dguff@humboldt1.com

Edited by rivguff
add email (see edit history)

Guest rivguff

With some input from a couple of ROA members the codes indicate that the wheels I have were made in 1969, probably November. They are available for sale.

Jerome #5123

Guest wildcat465

Jerome,

You can't see the date codes when tires are installed and the wheels are bolted on the car.

The 69 wheels should be just fine, save yourself the trouble and go with 'em. You can always assemble a collection of "true" 66 wheels while enjoying your car.

Guest rivguff

Thanks Paul, but I have a 65 with a nice set of road wheels. These wheels are a set I picked up at a swap meet so they are surplus for me. Just thought someone who needed them for a 66-70 could use them.

Jerome ROA #5123