Photo without a caption 07/27/10

Guest Paul Christ

Guest Paul Christ

A buddy of mine took this photo yesterday at Black Hill Park in Boyds, Maryland. Yes, it is automobile related. (hint: look at the water just past the end of the dock)

37587_1494468010641_1502283060_31221724_7131220_n.jpg

Lawyer's office ?

Yeah, I was backing my Toyota and boat trailer down the ramp to load up and go home---,,

You know that uncontrolled acceleration thingie.......???

d'ya think they would buy it for in reverse ???

Guest Paul Christ

So, I just spoke with my buddy who took the picture at the top of this thread, and he told me the 'rest of the story'... two friends decide to go fishing, so they throw a jon boat into the bed of a nice 2007 Silverado that is owned by one of the guys. After a day on the lake they decide to head back in. Once at the dock, they have a brilliant idea; wouldn't it be easier to just back the Silverado into the lake, and then float the puny little jon boat into the bed of the truck? So the FRIEND starts to back the Silverado down the ramp and in to the lake. There came a point when he realized that the truck would no longer move when he pressed on the accelerator - that's because the truck was now floating! The friend bails out of the truck, and he and the owner watch helplessly as it floats out past the end of the dock...and eventually sinks. The guy who's sitting on the dock in the photo is the 'friend' - the truck's owner was not around, as he wanted nothing to do with the 'friend' when the picture was taken. Oh well, add another two names to the list of Darwin Award recipients for this year!

:P

..... they have a brilliant idea; wouldn't it be easier to just back the Silverado into the lake, and then float the puny little jon boat into the bed of the truck?.....

To the DNR Officer, "It seemed like a good idea at the time Officer". :o:D

I've heard of spotlightin' deer, but never fish!

"Mr. Wilson, is it?..

"I'm afraid I'll have to cite for a violation of 103 Section 45(B) of the Fish & Wildlife Code. That'll be for "Fishing from a motor vehicle". The fine for that is $500.00 per offense.

"Since this is a first time offense, and since the judge owns the only towing company in the county, I think he'll be rather lenient in the sentencing.

"Now as regarding the citation for the hooking of that fishing bear that pulled you in, that's a bit more serious.....":D