Sign in to follow this  
ralphnof49

Crankcase ventilation

I am putting the edelbrock 2x2 intake on my car and was curious about how to hook the crankcase ventilation up as well as the actual carburetor linkage. The oil level indicator seems to be very close to the rear carburetor as well. Would it be possible to get a couple of photo's on how your's is hooked up either here or at my email. Thanks Harry

There are 3 of these P51 Mustangs here in AZ from what I was told. If I am not mistaken Ron Pratt also has one of the them and another one did crashed this past year at the Chandler air park. This weekend at the Falcon field in Mesa AZ there will be a Car Show and some of these war planes will be on display as well.

Frenchy

Not sure how old this thread is, but here it goes again. The engine I recently bought from Merv Adkins has a canister and downdraft tube welded onto the side of the pan. The engine was supposedly never run in a car since rebuilt, but I get a steady drip of oil out of the breather tube. I added a carb mounting block with vacuum takeoff and a PCV valve connected to the hole in the intake manifold, but this doesn't help. At least I don't have to worry about changing oil - just keep pouring it in. If I can't come up with a better solution I'm just going to plug up the tube. I wouldn't recommend this setup to anyone else.

I have the same setup on my 272 Y-block boat engine and it doesn't drip a drop.

Dave, you definitly do not need that breather. The PVC system will do a much better job with that breather plugged up. The location/placement of that breather is probably critical? Just be sure to use the regular (breathable) oil filler tube cap.

Edited by peecher (see edit history)

Thanks, Dee. I'll plug it up - or replace the pan with another I have. I suspect the tube that extends into the pan may be near or below the oil level.