1964 riviera project and 1965 riviera parting out

Guest donhess64rivi

Guest donhess64rivi

so finally got me a nailhead 401 for my 64 riviera only ? i have is what off of the 65 will fit on the 64 with medium to easy modifications. like the clamshell headlights and grille? and back bumper really like the looks of the 64 but 65 has some nice upgrades. after i am done with the 65 would like to make some money to rebuild the engine so im open to offers on parts windows trunk lid etc thanks jesse

To put the '65 clamshells in the '64, you're best off using the '65 inner fenders. Then you'll need to figure out some way to tie the motor into the headlight switch.

I too bought a '65 bumper to put on the back of my '64. Opps! a completely different rear pan. Indentations for the bumpers are incorrect, and the seam over the licenses plate is raised, not flat. To do this right, you'd need to cut the entire rear off of a '65 and graft it to your '64.

With that said - 1965 Rear bumper for sale - good driver quality or perfect for a core for rechroming. Two sets of '65 tail lights and housings - normal pitting on the housings.

Ed

• 3 weeks later...
Guest donhess64rivi

so since im putting the 1965 401 into the 1964 the shifter has to be replaced only thing i dont like the looks of the 65 can i still hook up the linkages under the car but keep the shifter plate from the 64 i know i wont have the low 1st gear to shift out of but i dont care to have that just want this thing moving .....

Guest lvrpool32

To put 65 clamshells in a 64, you need to replace both front fenders, lower bumper, grill, grill panel and front bumper. You can get away with using the 64 inner fenders, just have to do a small amount of cutting.

Nick