1958. Question

BUKE

I have a question for you all out there. I was down the Elks Lodge in town when a couple friends came in who are carpenters and told me a story. They said they were building a farmer a new barn but had to take down their old one and in it was in 1958 Buick. Now remember I didn't see this car I just took their word but they said under the hood was a 400 nialhead. I don't believe there ever was one but as I am getting ready to go to a ames I might not have the time to go look at it somebody let me know if there ever was such a thing. Because they have my curiosity up. Thanks everybody

That's not to say you couldn't put a 401 in...in '65 and '66, it was called a 400 if it was in a Skylark GS to get around GM's corporate rules of nothing over 400 ci in an intermediate.

If it has the correct air cleaner on it, that would identify the engine at a glance. The 401 in full size cars was always a "Wildcat 445" for single 4-bbl. There was a detuned version, but I forget if that was just lower compression or a 2-bbl carb.

Get photos....