Landau Fever

The 1954 Buick Landau will be at Ames as everyone should know by now ready to rock the Buick World! Just in time also is David Temple's article on the bookshelves now in Hemmings Classic Car magazine (September 2010 issue) about the Landau written when the Landau was in Texarkana in 2008. A good prelude for Ames !!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a Motorama Masterpiece! (She will be sporting her new reproduced wheelcovers at Ames-keep it a secret) Charles D. Barnette-she is well on her way to becoming the most famous Buick ever made!

Edited by Charles_Barnette (see edit history)

As luck would have it I have developed a bad case of the "Shingles" in my face extending into my left eye making me see double. Plus I can give those in public who have not had "chicken pox" or vaccinated for same the "chicken pox". I guess I am still under stress from my dad's death on April 20th. I am therefore relegated to root for the Landau from Texarkana. But root for her I will as loud as I can. It is high time for her to get the recognition she deserves. She will be the star of the show at Ames. Wait till you see her now! Bob Coker deserves hero status! Charles-let the party begin in Ames! (By the way for those of you over 60, there is a shot that can be taken to prevent "Shingles".)

am I getting through to you guys?

What was that again Charles? I think MrEarl is going to forget all about the Landau if I toss him the keys to the Model 69... :D:rolleyes:

I picked up a parts car ('54 Century 4 door sedan) this spring...I think I have a photo somewhere of the Dickson Motors badge on the trunk...I thought of you when I saw that.

Charles, very sorry to hear about your father. And your problem with shingles. I was really looking forward to meeting you in the presence of the Landau. This is indeed going to be a wonderous event. My praise goes out to Bob Coker too. Not so much for purchasing the one of car, but rather for allowing it to be displayed and enjoyed by all and not just pigeon holing it insome museum somewhere. I'm really looking forward to the event. :D

post-31987-143138255146_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138255151_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

She is an Ambassador for the great GM Motorama Shows of 1949-1961. She is a one of a kind Dream Car and Concept Car-particularly in preluding the open rear fenderwell for the Roadmaster Buick. She will have Buick lovers fainting and falling out at the first glimpse of her beauty-better have paramedics on standby at Ames. From the 1954 Motorama show circuit, to the Buick executive and CEO of GM Harlow Curtice and family uses in New York City, to the big save by the Blair family, to the eventual addition to the Bortz Collection in Chicago, to the ownership and restoration of Amelia Island Concours President Bill Warner, to the purchase by the attorney John M. O'Quinn of Houston, to the Texarkana reuniting ceremony of the cups and thermos in 2008, to the tragic death of Mr. O'Quinn last year, to the purchase by Senior Member of The Buick Club of America Bob Coker this year, this car has been blessed by the Motorama Gods! I can see it in my mind now from the very moment she arrives in Ames in her special trailer and is unloaded to the time she is loaded up again to leave Ames all the while guarded by Mr. Earl, the Landau impact will be monumental! Better assign a special detail to Mr. Earl to make sure he eats and rests properly during the meet. I expect to hear the shouts from the crowd approval audible all the way to Texarkana! Charles D. Barnette