want good gas for 1964 riviera what engine????

Guest donhess64rivi

Guest donhess64rivi

i know its knocked in these parts but this is what i have and would like to pursue .... so far i got a 2 speed powerglide transmission and a 350 chevy going into a 1964 buick riviera. modifying the oil pan now and fixing to get the driveshaft redone to fit these modifications. here to see if anyone has gone through this. so far this is what i have ran into and would like any help possible would be very well appreciated.:)///////////////////so i now want ideas for good engines for such a car ?????????!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by donhess64rivi
rethought my options ha h a (see edit history)

I wont even ask why you replacing a great motor (Nailhead 425 cu/in) wit a piece of crap.

But, you are going to have a problem with the linkage to begin with.. You have already discovered the oil pan and driveshaft, dont forget the carrier bearing when changing he driveshaft.

Not knocking it sir, its you car, you can do with it what you like. I have no issues with modified car, I just hate 350's. Personal opinion. You could put a Ford Flathead in there and I would like it better.

Like I said, you are going to have issues with the transmission linkages and more depending on what was modified to put the 455 in it. I suggeted the carrier bearing as it will be bad after all these years. If you are shorting the drive shaft, just make sure they replace that too along with the U joints.

Guest donhess64rivi

well man i am considering selling the 350 along with the 2 speed powerglide trans what would be some other engine ideas as far as a cruiser nothing too serious on power

Guest donhess64rivi

yeah im wanting to just get good gas milage in the middle of having a 350 chevy and 2 speed powerglide put in. as far as the value of these things they dont sell for more than 3500 unless its ALL original and this definitely is not original. as far as something i can go ahead and drop in with out modification is what i want if i cant do this chevy 350 in the next week !

Guest donhess64rivi

alright im very happy now got rid of the chevy belly button and found a 1965 buick riviera on craigslist. not only did it have a 401 nailhead its got the clam shell head lights the front grille and back bumper i want. saved some money on this bargain. so should my 64 riviera bolt up with the 401 and tranny out of the 65 riviera? also will the lights and grille fit without mods?? thanks