Time to say I told you so

Guest Dans 77 Limited

We could just take this to an economic argument (although it's been 20 years or so). The theory is that there is a curve of demand versus price. For low price, demand is high. When price is high, demand drops. Determining the right price is trying to maximize return (typically taught as profit, but in our case is minimizing or negating loss).

The BoD raised the dues understanding that we may lose some members. However, the flow of red ink has stemmed. The problem I see is that I have not heard how much that has done because in a similar time frame we implemented the donation idea, which has shown some significant dollars shown in the Bugle. As I stated earlier, I hope to get that balance from the treasurer in Ames. Perhaps Dan is right, but perhaps not. I am not refuting the personal experience, but the concept that raising dues was a boneheaded decision. Perhaps the Pittsburgh area is more economically depressed than other areas right now. I don't know, so I'm not going to state it is fact.

Dan - I give everyone I meet a certain level of respect when I first make their acquaintance and their words and actions determine whether they gain or lose respect in my books. I know where you are at on my scale, and that only really matters to me. I will state again, because I think it bears repeating, that the rhetoric and over the top reactions probably aren't helping. This is a public forum. While everyone understands there are disagreements in any organization, I don't think airing dirty laundry and bashing the decisions of the BoD in public helps recruiting efforts at all.

Feel free Roberta...I'm going to try again to be done.

End of story, I may close the thread, in the next day or so!!

Probably a good idea. It has run it's course and Dan has made his point. I'm sure tired of it. Back to the cars, especially with the National next week.

Can't wait to see all the variety and ALL cars are welcome. I will try to see every one from the trailer queens to, well, what I usually bring!

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Yea go ahead Roberta..... shut it down. Theres nothing more to be gained . Ive got the distinct impression that the following has happened.

A certain amount of people may think Im right (but obviously not enough to raise a groundswell against the dues increase )

A certain amount of people may think Im wrong.

A certain amount of people feel Ive overstepped my bounds by questioning the board of directors that I helped elect over what direction they were taking the club that I pay dues to. My thoughts on that arent printable.

A certain amount of people have called me on the carpet for airing the clubs "dirty laundry" on the clubs forum . Im curious as to just where the hell else they expect me to air my grievances or contribute my input concerning the operation of this cub but thats a whole other angry thread and frankly ..... theres nothing to be gained by it at this point anyway.

And lastly Im to blame for somebodys thoughts because I left them a blank to fill in and they didnt like theyre own choice. Thats a cross I guess Ill just have to bear. I obviously cant control the minds of others , if I could the dues would have been lowered and this thread wouldnt have happened..... so mind control is definately NOT my game. I cant stop what words come into the heads of others and if that causes them to lose respect for me ...... then I guess that respect is lost !

I still dont feel justified in asking people for $50 for a car club membership ... especially since most others are $35. I cant get the dues back down to what I feel is a more reasonable number. So I guess the only thing I CAN control is whether or not I ask people to join. That is apparently the only thing I can control. So I guess Ill just have to control it.

There we go ........ problem solved !!!!!! I dont have to worry about it anymore .

Will the last BCA member kindly turn out the lights on your way out .

LOCK ER DOWN Roberta

Dan