1TC has to go....offers please

1989 tc yellow - number 1309!!!which includes the super rare Original Maserati Umbrella

looks and drives great and is in overall good condition.around 99kmiles on the clock, 4 Cyl.Chrysler Turbo ,current smog ( june!) new pcv valve,new oxygen sensor!

hard top is in excellent condition,soft top in excellent condition - it was NEVER used by the previous original owners who bought the car new in 1989.Opera window on drivers side is foggy.

air condition compressor works but the compressor clutch is bad ( $50 piece) new timing belt, timing adjusted last week,new fuel filter, oil,Battery from 2008,refurbished fuel injectors, new distributor rotor∩ and plugs

good tires, 75%breakpads ,Original Maserati Floormats ,needs a passenger side headlight and cornerlight - headlight is still functional!- thats it!

make some offers guys!

post-61260-143138250902_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138250905_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138250908_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138250911_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138250913_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138250915_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138250917_thumb.jpg

Edited by shelbyone
email me for pics.... (see edit history)

As with all the good ones. Wrong coast.

Tom, this would be amusing to me IF YOU DIDN"T SAY IT SO OFTEN:mad: Every time there is a TC in a color combonation you want, you say it's to far away. In the last 8 Months, I've brought a TC home from North Carolina (drove it), a 93 Daytona IROC RT home from Chicago (had it shipped) and a Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 home from near Oregon nearly 800 miles (drove it). I selected these cars because they were the right cars for me, there were plenty for sale closer, but these were right.:cool: If it's a car you WANT, why don't you get a $230. train ticket, take about 40 hours on a nice trip, then spend a couple days driving back. Our country is not that big man, we have these paved high speed roads called Interstates...

Alan

I agree with twin cam, If you want it, get it; going there and back is half the fun!!!! I usually have mine shipped or fly out/drive back. Flying out/driving back is cheaper, but takes more of your time away from playing with cars at home.

By the way, I'm selling my 1989 exotic red/ginger TC soon for $1200 if anyone's interested (I'll formally post it with all the info soon). But there's only one problem- IT'S NOT ON EITHER COAST!!! (It's in the center- Colorado!!!).

And don't worry all you TC lovers out there in computer land, I'm not selling out and giving up TC's, I just found a Cabernet one that my girlfriend likes better, so just put a deposit on it yesterday!

Guest MiamiTVR

On correct coast there once was a Volvo Sedan. What made it special was its Ford 302, low miles and new leather interior. I "won" it on an eBay auction. No plane or train connections to that small PN town from this medium TN town. 17 sleepless hours by bus. Within 15 minutes I determined the car was completely misrepresented. 17 sleepless hours back. About 34 hours and 15 minutes.

Another correct coast find was a one owner 1980 Volvo GT up in Connecticut. Represented as rust free and it was unless one counted the under chassis, behind the wheel wells and along the window trim. The bondo did not show up in the photos. I skipped it.

Up mid country was a factory Dakota convertible. Bus connection there was smooth. When I closed the hood scales of rust fell to the paring lot. Got a nice Chicago hotdog and headed back.

Across the hill in NC I found a VW Thing. Rust free by the description. The snow storm I endured to get to it was scary but we made it. I did not even have to get out of the car to see the fist sized rust hole its side.

And the Land Rovers and Triumphs and the TC across town that caught on fire when the salesman tried to start it.....

Tell me about fun road trips.

Hey, that's pretty funny!! Believe me, I've been in that situation too plenty of times, but when buying off the internet, buyers have to be VERY aware of the fact that they may not be getting what they expected! I've learned to either roll with that fact or only buy vehicles that i can see in person first.

Quick story- I bought my Dodge Dakota Convertible off the internet a couple months ago, was all excited to fly from Colorado to Minnesota to pick it up. When i got there, the truck looked good as in the 3 pictures i saw, but the bottom side was rusty almost to beyond repair. Well what did I do? I tucked my tail between my legs, took it as a lesson learned, thanked the guy, and drove it home. Since it had low miles, i knew it would make the 950 mile straight through trip pretty well (which it did with no problems), but just as i was pulling into my driveway, the rusty brake line blew out and i coasted into my parking spot. Funny huh!! Well in the end, I have the truck I wanted, but now have to factor in the extra work I didn't want to do (new brake system, fuel lines, rocker panel replacement, frame rust hole patch, cab corners, etc), but hey, that's life. On top of that, most of the cars i buy are cheap enough that if i had to fix/sell them, I'd at least make a little money anyway....

• 3 weeks later...
Did someone say FREE?!?!.....

Having been out of work for over 1 1/2 yrs and going back to school..(at the tender young age of 49..) free is about all I could afford...lol

Sounds like the same position I have found myself in. I do get steamed when people state that if the unemployed really wanted to work they would find a job instead of being on gov benefits! September will be 2 years laid off and not eligible for benefits because I went part time to go to school and the only jobs I have found were temporary with the Census Bureau. I would take ShelbyOne's TC if it were free but then I wouldn't even have the money to register it!

guys...If I could afford to let it go for free, I would...believe me...but after all the work I put into it ( saving the next owner thousands of $$) I would have to say no to free...

I was just wondering why there were no offers at all here , within our beloved forum...

btw.it is registerd with current tags until november with a clean title and a perfect smog certificate!...you only need a passenger side headlight ( it was not in an accident!)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MB91560

OK I am new too this ! I have a 1989 yellow 16 valve ,5 speed manual. Rick is sending me a SMEC for my TC . But I my be over my head with this car.

Guest MB91560

OK I am new too this ! I have a 1989 yellow 16 valve ,5 speed manual. Rick is sending me a SMEC for my TC . But I my be over my head with this car. I live in Oklahoma. And I would like to have a driver. Help me with the price!

yes, this is a make offer thing..but I will state a price anyways...I want 2100 for it.......the kelly bluebook value for this car in fair condition is a little over $3000....mine is not in perfect condition because of the missing passenger side headlight and cornerlight...other than that...its clean , its nice...and I need the room in my garage...I am sick of parking on the street...

Guest Kingsley

Worry you not, there is interest! I am a Buick Reatta owner/replicator of out of stock parts (convertible sun visor clips, two models of headlight retract motor crank arms) and am just getting into TC's. Shipping from Colorado to Southern CA does not tear me apart so I will looking seriously at this over the weekend.

• 1 month later...