Ebay advice, please ............................

Guest HessLakeGuy

Guest HessLakeGuy

A few minutes ago I plunked "91 reatta" into Ebay------------and it returned a total of 4,328 items. Thats a bunch.

Remember the days you would only get 2xx or 3xx items?

Is there any around this? I still work and don't have all day or night to look thru this stuff.

Thanks.

Tom

Do a quick scan of the items listed, then you can do an advanced search and eleminate the money clips, license frames, blue headlight bulbs etc.

the reason there are so many more "Reatta" items are the vendors that flood ebay with their junk..... ever notice the Reatta floor mats and they show front and rear....

You can also narrow your search by putting the title of the item you are searching in quotations like "1991 Reatta" I had the same problem on ebay and after contacting their useless help links I finally got that answer from an email response they sent me.

Hope it helps you out, Randy

Guest re-reatta

Sometimes you just can't beat EBAY. I bought a NEW ignition control module shipped to the house for about $35.00 auction bid and got three fairly new delco coils for agbout $40.00. Also got four remanufactured window motors shipped to the house for $37.00. Just have to keep looking.

Guest steveskyhawk

In regards to eBay if you use the "BEST MATCH" search function it will eliminate most of the chaff.

Guest HessLakeGuy

Great ideas.

It seems like this stuff went up in quantity about ten fold and it never seems to drop off.

Tom

a

Guest WEB 38

A lot of the china junk does not even pertain the make of car you are looking at, E-bay must be getting money hungry or just dosnt car about its customers anymore. Bill WEB 38

Guest Mc_Reatta

I can't understand the sellers that put 20 buy it now ads in a row for the exact same item. Why don't they just put one ad in and say 20 available. I would think it would be cheaper for them and less aggravating for us.

I can't understand the sellers that put 20 buy it now ads in a row for the exact same item. Why don't they just put one ad in and say 20 available.
I think they do it for the same reason politicians put up their signs every 50 feet. It draws more attention to what they are selling when we are searching eBay, which probably results in more sales.

I agree that it is aggravating to see the same items listed on eBay repeatedly.

I have purchased a radiator for my S10 off eBay and it has worked well for the last 4 years. I also purchased two vehicles through eBay that were exactly as described. The key to buying vehicles on eBay, without getting ripped off, is to go look at it and test drive before laying out any money regardless of what the seller says in his ad or eBay says in their rules. I drove 4 hours once to look at a vehicle the seller said was in excellent shape and it was nothing but a pile of junk. Buyer beware!!

I have had great finds in the past on EBay (about 7 years ago when I purchased a 1989 Reatta from California and had it transported home, exactly as described and even better then expected, however, I understand your frustration with driving hours to look at a Reatta that was advertised as only 46,000 miles 1989 "Rarely" driven and garaged its entire life except for about 3 years.....? When I arrived the Interior was admittedly in great condition with of course the drooping headliner. However from the description of the paint on the phone I and in the pictures posted on EBay & in reality was completely disconnected. The paint on the car was so shot that it literary came off with my finger when rubbed...? I have never seen that before, the tail light was also so sun damaged it was cracked from the inside out, not to mention that there was an undisclosed fender bender in the right front of the Reatta that cracked the rubber body molding that runs across the front of the car between the bumper and hood. Not to mention the extreme deep paint chips around the wheel wells for a rarely driven Reatta that was always garaged??

From the pictures sent via e-mail of the interior I noticed that the ABS light was on and inquired and was told that was nothing wrong with the brakes just a “short” in the dash??? We all know what that could mean... Also it was disclosed that the transmission was new due to the infrequent driving of the vehicle.... (@ Only 40,000 miles?) Needless to say what was possibly too good to be true definitely was this time.

EBay is NOT what it once was but if your careful enough you can still find what you need @ a reasonably $ Buyer BEWARE ALWAYS!