lever shocks for 53 Buick Super

Guest lkjohn36@gmail.com

Guest lkjohn36@gmail.com

Hi, I have a 53 Buick Super, nearly restored, but I need info on rebuild kits for the front and rear lever shocks. I am sure there must be kits out there somewhere but I cannot seem to find them. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

royjohn36

PS: I am new to the forum

Guest lkjohn36@gmail.com

Hi straighteight

Thanks for info but I cannot display his page. Maybe it is under construction or something.

I will try again.

Thanks,

royjohn36

Guest lkjohn36@gmail.com

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I see CARS,inc rebuilds lever shocks also. Quite a bit less money but maybe workmanship is not as good.

Thanks,

LeRoy

Usually a shot of oil fixes them. They are supposed to be checked and topped up regularly. If you can't find knee action fluid, which was last available from Western Tire during the Johnson administration, hydraulic jack oil makes a good substitute.

Motorcycle shock oil should work too, and comes in different grades for fine tuning.

If you fill up your shocks and the oil all leaks out in a week it is time for rebuilt shocks.

You might need to fill them up, drive around for a week or 2, then top them up again to get all the air bubbles out.

Many owners of old cars with lever action shocks, report that filling them up transforms the ride and removes all desire to replace them.

Guest lkjohn36@gmail.com

Rusty_ OToole

Thank you. I put some heavier oil in them now but maybe I can cyphon it out and put some hydraulic jack oil in them. So far they are not leaking but maybe it is because the oil is to heavy.