Sign in to follow this  
Big Jake

1960 GMC Spotlight install

Recently I got the OEM factory drivers side Spot light installed and it came out just perfect. This is a "GM S-6" light producded by Unity in 1960, all works well, but I will be replacing the on/off wiring switch, because of some fraid wiring. What makes this so great is the condition, never been restored. It has the factory GM badge on top and the correct black handle.

Although you can still find the lights on ebay and at swap meets, the problem is trying to find the super rare mounting brackets. The outside is the most important becasue of the special shape, where it form fits the window lip and curves of the body. The inside bracket is rare also but most folks can make a flat bracket for the panel (no compound curves to deal with)

This is the photo album on the install process, but I've pasted a few pics for all. OEM Spotlight Install pictures from trucks photos on webshots

2883359230054402330S500x500Q85.jpg

2847019610054402330S500x500Q85.jpg

The truck has been primed and wet sanded, just waiting on the painter get get it in the booth. It's seems I've got more time than money?