various antique autos/museum info

I am looking for information on the following vehicles for our local museum. We are looking for such things as new features, price when new, colors available to buyer, current market value, etc. The vehicles that I would like info on are:<BR>1939 Oldsmobile<BR>1947 Chevrolet<BR>1947 Fargi 1/2 ton<BR>1916 Chalmers<BR>1925 Chevrolet Superior<BR>1926 Willysknight<BR>1927 Pontiac Deluxe Silver Streak<BR>1928 Ford model A sport<BR>1928 Pontiac 6-28<BR>1930 Ford model A<BR>1936 Chevrolet model 1217<BR>1939 Pontiac 20-08 Silver Streak<BR>1934 studebaker<P> Any information that you can send would be appreciated. Ted

There is no such thing as a 1927 Pontiac Silver Streak. If you are looking for 1927 Pontiac buy a copy of PONTIAC The Complete HIstory by Bonsall it will also tell you all about when the "Silver Streak" started.<BR>Lots of luck in your research.<BR>Reid

You likely have a Fargo, Dodge's name for their trucks exported to the Great White North. There is a book covering this and other models in the line, curiously entitled "Dodge Trucks". It's available through Motorbooks International. Happy Hunting cool.gif" border="0

Derby, <P> If you have any interest in gathering this information in a cost-effectve and timely manner, I would suggest purchasing two reference books that will give you most of the info you're seeking. The Standard Catalog of American Cars is published in both pre-war and post-war versions by Krause Publications @tel.no. (715) 445-2214. Krause also has a web site and you may be able to purchase them on-line. The total cost for both books is less than $100.00. <P> All the vehicles you listed should be covered in these two books with the exception of the Fargo. The Fargo is a variant of the Dodge truck, but it was built by Chrysler Corp. of Canada.<P> Tom

I also recommend the Complete Encyclopedia of Motorcars, published by EP Dutton&Co., New York. Used copies often come up on for on-line auction&sell for a few dollars.

What type is the 1930 Ford Model A?<P>Deluxe coupe?<BR>Standard coupe?<BR>Tudor?<BR>Fordor?<BR>Pickup?<BR>AA?<BR>Deluxe Roadster?<BR>Standard Roadster?<BR>Cabriolet?<BR>Sport Coupe?<BR>Phaeton?<BR> etc......<P>The model type will affect the information you are looking for.

Okay, I was able to get back to the museum to get some more info.There is nothing on the 1939 Oldsmobile to indicate a Model Number or name. The 1947 Chevrolet is a Fleetmaster. There was no further info on the 1947 Fargo 1/2 ton. The 1916 Chalmers is a 4 door touring model.The 1925 Chevrolet is a coupe (Superior K,4 is written on the name plate). The 1926 Willysknight should be Willy Knight. What I had listed as a 1927 Pontiac Deluxe Silver Streak is also listed at the museum as that. It is a coupe with a rumble seat. The 1928 Ford is a Model a Sport (also with a rumble seat).<BR> The 1928 Pontiac is 6-28 is a coupe.<BR>The 1930 Ford is a Model a sports Coupe.<BR>There was no new info on the 1936 Chev m/n 1217 or the 1939 Pontiac 20-08 Silver Streak. I believe that the 1934 Studebaker is a Dictator Roadster (It has 2 spare tire mounted on the fenders above the rumnning boards and also has steel spoke wheels). It would be appreciated if someone can help us out with some information on these vehicles. Ted

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get the serial number on the 1939 Oldsmobile (1938856), and on the 1947 Chev Fleetmaster (7101904988). Can anyone help with the specs on these cars? Ted