Windshield Seals

Guest notnow

Guest notnow

Anyone have a Source for Windshield Seals "Other Than Naraganhsett". I need one for a 1941 Continental .. I Returned one seal, got another and it is no better than the one I returned !!! CH

CH,

I bought a windshield gasket from Narraganhsett and here is what the upholstery shop did to make it fit properly. They have a piece of 1/4 inch plywood cut to the same size as the windshield. The gasket was then stretched over this form and put in the sun for a few days, this softened it and took out the "set" from being in the plastic bag. The gasket was then installed on the windshield and it looks good.

The only warning about the process from the guy at the shop was it was a tricky as there is a good possibility of breaking the windshield if the gasket is installed improperly.

Tom

Guest notnow

Tom: I Ordered one from Boos-Herrel ,Theirs are Made with Molded Corners and No Splice .. The Other Parties is just a long Peice of Molding Glued togather at the ends..Not the best looking ..That style has a tendency (for the sake of a better word) to "Pucker Out" at the Corners and the Splice shows where it"s Spliced,however it is Less Expensive !!!CH