WTB: Riviera Convertible

Guest danman

Guest danman

Hi. I'm looking for a great condition 82-85 Riv convertible. Color: white. Later years preferred. Please email me if you have anything!

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

Here's the link to the ROA's website and the classifieds. Scroll down until you get to the year you want. About the only difference between years will be the grill, header panel, tail lights, and the style/placement of the radio and a/c controls. There were a couple of engine optons, so you should make yourself aware of those.

Welcome to the Riviera Owners Association Homepage

There's also a website devoted solely to the Riviera convertible. Lots of facts to help you make your choice.

New Page 1

Ed

Guest danman

Thanks for those links! Yes, I've done tons of research and prefer the later grill, though mileage and condition are most important to me. Looking for a model loaded with all the options like air suspension, and even CB if possible.

I welcome any leads! There are lots of mediocre cars out there with rust and that's not what I want.

THANKS!

Dan,

With what you've stated you're looking for, you've narrowed your search down to an '84. First year (except for the '83 XX) for the waterfall grill in the new more aerodynamic header panel. And lthe ast year for the CB radio - according to the Riv convertible web site. All Rivieras built 79 - 85 had torsion bar front suspension and coil springs in the rear with the load leveling air shocks. All convertibles had 4 wheel disk brakes and hydroboost assisted power brakes. The biggest problem you'll find with rust will be the rear frame, especially on cars from the northern Midwest states, and you'll need to look at the base of the A-pillar where rust can form where the door seal "seals" moisture against the A-pillar. One other rust spot to look for is the inner fender at the top of the wheel arch.

Guest danman

Thanks for those tips RivNut - especially the rust spots.

Looks like I'll be focusing on an 84! Though, the CB is not a must have....just would be cool as a factory option.

Been looking for a nice car for weeks and it's been tough. Never would I have imagined that these cars would be so difficult to track down.

Dan: From the Toledo Blade, Toledo, OH "1985 Buick Riviera Convertible, white, great cond, CA car, no rust $4,000OBO or trade for full size van. 419-382-4218." I think I have seen this car from afar. Might be worth a call.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mkulina

Did you ever find your Riviera? I have an 85 Turbo one that I need to sell. It is complete,, but has been sitting. It was a Canadian car originally, but is in Jacksonville, Florida now.

Regards...

Mike