The forum breakfast

BUKE

Just a thought that maybe useful to the new people who come to the breakfast. If somebody would explain better than I can how to join in all the fun we have at the annual forurm breakfast.

Have a great Buick day

Frank

Glad you brought that up Frank. :) I've been meaning to....

I guess the first thing we need to determine is when and where.

As to when...Looks like either Thursday morning or Saturday morning btwn 6:30 and 7:30. Thoughts???

As to Where: I suppose the host hotel would be the logical place? Can someone confirm that will work?

Secondly, I hope we will do the gift "swap" thing as in the past. This is where all the presents are either wrapped or in bags and all the names of participants are put in a hat and drawn and that person gets to pick a bagged gift. If someone wants to steal anothers gift they have to do it before picking one of the un-opened ones. You don't have to bring a gift to attend the breakfast but you do have to bring a gift in order to swap. Am I right on all that y'all?

That's 'bout all there is to it right?

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

That pretty much sums up the swap. Generally, you want to bring auto related "gifts"...BUT, last year, The Old Guy walked of with a wine basket and Lamar got a weiner dog sweater that said Buick on it (this looked like a steal until I realized it wasn't a drink "koozie" (cozy for you yankees)).

Either day will work for me FYI.

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Sounds like fun. Do wives normally come to the breakfast? This will be my first BCA Nationals and would be good to place some faces with the names I see on here.

Guest 4 bufords
I will not be at the meet this year ( the first one I will miss since they started in 1971 ) Yhe forum breakfast last year was the high point of the meet,

Say HELLO to everyone for me

come on joe,been wanting to meet you since 07,4 bufords from ct

I will not be at the meet this year ( the first one I will miss since they started in 1971 ) Yhe forum breakfast last year was the high point of the meet,

Say HELLO to everyone for me

and that is a cryin shame.(where the heck is the cryin smilie when you need it) You will be missed!!! No chance of changin your mind:confused: I bet a ride in the '54 Landau could be arranged ifin you did show.

They are a hoot!!!!!! I had a blast last year. And I wasn't even there.

and Lamar got a weiner dog sweater that said Buick on it (this looked like a steal until I realized it wasn't a drink "koozie" (cozy for you yankees)).

Either day will work for me FYI.

Weiner dog sweater :eek: You sure you haven't transposed some words there my friend!!??:rolleyes::D

I've been dieting all year and still can't get in that t-shirt.

Pictures contained in this post may be of an offensive nature and not suitable for all audiences. Please view with caution.

post-31987-143138247652_thumb.jpg

Sounds like fun. Do wives normally come to the breakfast? This will be my first BCA Nationals and would be good to place some faces with the names I see on here.

Sure why not. They're not allowed to be swapped though. As Mike said the gifts should be car related. :)

Guest 40 Buick 51c

That's a good point that I didn't think about. That may be a bit early for her. Couldn't swap her anyway cuz you said nothing expensive!

Standard poodles for me.

Lamar is in fine form....

Not all wives are expensive...some of us are lucky and find lucrative ones.

With the driven judging on Saturday, Thursday might be a better day, but some folks may not be there yet...we get there Tuesday, so no worries.

Last year, Mrs. Old Guy enjoyed Roberta's chocolates as I recall....

I'm not sure if I have figured out yet what I'm bringing...I know I have enough "stuff" to be able to put something together.

We're only about 3 weeks out...today my manager (finally) confirmed I'm getting the time off...that was after sending a note including his boss telling him that I'd be in Iowa.

Looking forward to the breakfast. I am hopeful Rick will be able to point us in a direction for a location. One thing to keep in mind is that not everyone is staying at the host hotel, so we may want to dial it back half an hour.

Saturday is a better day, Driven judging is not till 9 am. I will arrange breakfast starting at 7 am in the Gateway. This is thehost hotel and they have a nice restaurant. You pay for your own meals unless someone has won the powerball the night before.

Bring a gift for the swap, we already know what Lamar may be bringing.

Someone else will have to run the swap as both Rick and I have meetings starting at 7:30.

Gates open for the Open car show at 8:00.

Just send it to Mr. Earl with a return envelope for the Weiner Dog sweater...

You know if you send a gift, that's what we will pick for you!

Just Kidding,

I'll PM my address if you want me to take it with me.

Ummm, I think I sent a PM, but it isn't showing up in my sent box. How is sending a message harder than posting a picture for me?

Edited by buick5563
question (see edit history)

Derek

Roberta rode to the meet with Bernice and I ,and the rest of the chocolates melted on our luggage in the back of the 69 wagon.

No telling how bad it would have been if they were all in the box

Ouch. I never heard about that part before.