BCA member needs storage in Ames before meet

Jolly_John

Hi. I have a BCA buddy who will be driving his 1950 Buick to the national meet in Ames. He will be arriving in Ames on Friday, July 23, renting a modern car to drive to a wedding in CO, and then coming back to Ames for the BCA meet on July 28.

My friend would like to rent storage in Ames for his '50 Buick during that July 23-28 period. I suggested that possibly a local BCA member would help him out. I think he would be happy with parking the car at someone's house, or paying to have the Buick inside.

Please let me know, if you can suggest something to help this guy out. He doesn't have a computer. So, I can act as a first contact, and then get the parties together by phone from there. Thanks for you help and/or ideas. Best, John in Wisconsin

Good Morning: I know the anxiety caused by having a collector car out there in the mean/real world without proper supervision. I have storage for this car if no other response is received. My building/shop is 30 miles from Ames. Let me know if needed. You may get a closer response, but if not, let me know. As far as rent is concerned, he can take me to dinner some evening. Thanks, Patrick W. Brooks:)

Hi, Pat. It is very good of you to help. As you noted, someone a bit closer may step forward....however, I'll pass your kind offer on to John Johnson, the BCA member from the Chicago area who is looking for the storage. On his behalf: I say "thank you", Pat. John in Wisconsin

I am closer and can push a car out for storage BUT Pat has an awesome collection and your friend would be advised to take it to Pat's so he can drool over his cars and hear his stories and it is not really much further. I am 15 miles SW of Ames.

Jake