N.H. Hupp Tour

Hupp36

Just 10 days away from getting together with old frends and making new ones. This will be my 8th tour, well realy the 7th because in 2003 our truck, trailer, and 1936 Hupp were stolden in Michigan City Ind. Got it back a week later with only a door handle broken on the Hupp and the steering colum on the truck. Bailed it out for $ 750 cash and have been on 3 tours since. If you happen to be around Portsmouth N.H. from the 11th to the 16th you may see from the 1st 1909 Model 20 to th last 1941 Skylark.

post-60296-143138242853_thumb.jpg

Guest Dean_H.

Wow Chuck, that's a rough story on your truck and trailer. --- I'd give my left arm to get on that tour, you guys are going to have a great time out there. What a cool picture of the Hupps lined up. Maybe next year for me....

• 3 weeks later...

Well the tour was a great time . We had from 1911 model 20 to a 1941 Skylark which was the last model produced. 2 dead batteries, 1 stuck float in carb, 1 rock with a hole in oil pan. All cars were up and running at the end of the tour. 23 Hupps 76 Huppers and looking foward to the Reno meet in 2011. Dean H hope to finally meet you and your lady and your Hupp. I could not get a pic of all the cars in 1 place, so here is a few.

post-60296-143138254047_thumb.jpg

Guest Dean_H.

Nice picture of Hupmobiles. Look at those perfect hubcaps on the first one, must be a '28 or '29 eight cylinder. (drool..) Glad to hear every one made it without a tow truck. Of course, not a big surprise, we're talking about Hupps after-all. :-) It'd be great to meet you Chuck, Reno isn't too far for me. Crossing the Sierras in July may be a good test for my old Hupp, the engine temp still runs a little high when climbing long steep hills on hot days. I should have that issue solved by then. It looks like you guys were having some warm temps on this years tour, I see the vents and windshields are open. Great looking cars.