Louisville Trailer Parking

Bob, I know that there is to be no trailer parking at the host hotel parking lots, but I do believe that there will be designated parking provided at the Expo Center parking area, which is near the hotel and Expo center where all the cars will be located inside I think on just Saturday. I am taking a big chain to make sure my car does not disappear from the trailer. I will have the trailer secured also. I am sure there will be some security provided too. But I will let the "officials" give us the official reply if I am incorrect.

Maybe one of the Chairmen for the Louisville event can answer another question regarding trailer parking:

Will the car trailer parking areas have access limited to certain hours of the day or is it full access anytime? I am sure some people like myself are unsure when they will arrive so knowing if evening or late night parking access is available to drop a trailer would be helpful.

Thank You for answering these and the other questions.

Edited by charlier
corrected post (see edit history)
I spoiled 'ya didn't I???:D:D:D

Yes, you did! :D

You set the bar pretty darn high when it comes to communicating information about a meet. Somehow I get the feeling that other meets (including this one) may find you a tough act to follow.

You set the bar pretty darn high when it comes to communicating information about a meet. Somehow I get the feeling that other meets (including this one) may find you a tough act to follow.

Thanks Charlie. That wasn't our intent, but I put the information out to reduce the number of phone calls and e-mails that I was getting. It was also done to put it on the line and reduce myths and false rumors.

You and everyone else knew what you were getting into before you ever rolled into town. You probably had a good idea on the reliability of the information when you followed my directions to the meet.

Speaking of directions, if you thought that I sent you a pretty way, you ought to see that stretch of road in October when we go to Hershey. With all the leaves bright orange, the drive is gorgeous.

Bob, I know that there is to be no trailer parking at the host hotel parking lots, but I do believe that there will be designated parking provided at the Expo Center parking area, which is near the hotel and Expo center where all the cars will be located inside I think on just Saturday. I am taking a big chain to make sure my car does not disappear from the trailer. I will have the trailer secured also. I am sure there will be some security provided too. But I will let the "officials" give us the official reply if I am incorrect.

John,

Thanks for the info. Can anyone chime in with any of the specifics of what I have higlighted in bold above from John's post?

Thanks,

Bob

I'll try to address all of the questions concerning trailer parking.

First as you exit the freeway move to the left lane on the ramp as you will be making a left turn onto Phillips Lane. There will be signs to the trailer parking. You will see the Crowne Plaza on your left, continue a short distance and you will then turn right onto an access road to the trailer parking lot, Ashton-Adair.

It is a fenced in, gated lot on the grounds of the Expo Center. Kyana Region will have the keys to the gate, will provide parking asistance and security. Expo security also patrols the grounds. Not sure about the reference to paying for parking but trailer parking is free. (Anyone that registered for the event will receive a parking pass for the Expo parking lots for normal vehicle parking for the events at the Expo, Friday and Saturday).

For show car entry on Friday afternoon(4:00-7:00PM) and Saturday morning you will exit through the rear of the lot, Expo side, and follow the interior "ring" road to the North Wing where the show will be.

Absolutely no trailer or RV parking at the host hotel.

If you have any other questions, please contact us.

Thanks JOE

Trailer parking update:Trailer parking will be open from 7 AM to 9 PM Tuesday through Friday and 7 AM to 10 AM on Saturday.

If you arrive after these times you will have to find another place to park. You will not be able to park on Emberson Street which is the access road to the Ashton-Adair parking lot and you will be blocking access to a private home. It is a public street and not wide enough to accomodate parking. If you are a late arrival proceed down Phillips Lane to the the Adair Street entrance to the Expo Center. There is plenty of room there to line up and not block the street.

I show a 1937 Mullins (Luggage) trailer with my car as a unit.

I need an exception to "Absolutely no trailer or RV parking at the host hotel."

This is a restored unit and matches the my car. The size is about 5 X 8 foot.

I can see a volunteer worker standing at the entrance saying "I was told no trailers". Just interested in avoiding any problems.

post-41405-143138240798_thumb.jpg

Edited by huptoy (see edit history)
Guest prewar40

Will we be able to leave our trailers in the trailer parking area overnight Saturday night? Our plans were to head for home on Sunday morning.

Trailer parking update:Trailer parking will be open from 7 AM to 9 PM Tuesday through Friday and 7 AM to 10 AM on Saturday.

If you arrive after these times you will have to find another place to park. You will not be able to park on Emberson Street which is the access road to the Ashton-Adair parking lot and you will be blocking access to a private home. It is a public street and not wide enough to accomodate parking. If you are a late arrival proceed down Phillips Lane to the the Adair Street entrance to the Expo Center. There is plenty of room there to line up and not block the street.

Joe,

Thank you for posting the hours that the trailer parking area will be open.

This sort of information may be important to some who had planned to arrive after dark or find themselves running later than they expected. Better for people to know now about the hours for trailer parking than to be surprised at night in the dark in a strange town with hotels that prohibit trailer parking.

BTW, did you get my email?

Thanks again,