Door Handles for 1924 Buick 6 cyl.

I accidentally broke one of my door handles on my 1924. Does anybody know if there are new re-cast ones available. If not does anybody have any old ones for sale. They are a "T" style with a square shaft. I would be interested a a couple of them as I have one other that doesn't match. Thanks.<BR>Rob<BR>sweak@newnorth.net

Check in your area if anyone has a small brass foundry that they use for home or hobby use. I have a man that I work with that casts small parts for me and he does a wonderful job on things like this. I would recommend that you have him use red brass if you can find someone as red brass is stronger than yellow brass, then polish them down and then nickel plate them. I have done several cars like this and you can't tell them from the originals. If you can't find someone in the area, e-mail me at svanmeet@quest.net and we can send your handles to my caster. wink.gif" border="0

You might want to call Bob's Automobilia at 805 434-2963. I know that he has them for the 28s, and may have or know of a good contact for you.

Thanks for the ideas on my door handles. I've tried Bob's Auto & Carson's, no luck. It looks like casting new ones might be the only alternative. I live about 2 hours away from the Iola Old Car show. I'm going to pick through the swapmeet in a couple of weeks and see if I can find one.<P>Rob

Can you e-mail a picture or drawing of the handle. I have a few "T" shaped handles in a box and will check out what I have for fit. If you can not e-mail the picture, send me a note in the mail. Fred Rawling, 16428 California Ave., Bellflower, Ca.90706-5006. Put measurements on the drawing.