Internatinal shipping???

rbl2

I'm visiting the Philippines and would like to ship a mid sized motorcycle back to America. So far finding a carrier has been difficult. There is no hurry or concern re: shipping time. I've heard of people shipping antique cars from Europe to the states for shows and/or tours so the cost shouldn't be prohibitive. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am guessing that the cost of shipping may exceed the value of the cycle. Since it is only one item you need to contact a freight broker. They can get all of the required customs paperwork and then work with a consolidater to get it into a shipping container bound for a US port, like Long Beach, Houston, Miami or Newark. You will probably have to pay all costs up front.

Bill... The problem importing a newer bike is the various government regulations (DOT, EPA, etc.). I'm not sure about bikes, but cars must meet the current safety and emission rules or be altered by an authorized shop. For shipping, find a freight forwarder for ocean or air transport. I've used Kintetsu World Express. You'll need a good crate which you might get from a motorcycle shop. Another option is to disassemble the bike and send it as parts.

Phil