Sign in to follow this  
Pete Phillips

1983 LeSabre 68k miles, 1 family owned

I took these photos of a 1983 LeSabre 4-dr. sedan that is for sale locally by an older couple. It was her father's car, has a beautiful interior, 307 V-8, original paint, 68,000 actual miles with receipts since new to prove it; new tires, new battery, new inspection sticker, runs well. No dents, no body rust ever. Needs front and rear bumper fillers (they are available in reproduction), and the bottom portion of the rear bumper is missing its chrome plating, so there is lots of surface rust on it. Driver's power window only goes down part way; other options seem to work fine. $975 for a rear-wheel-drive V-8 that will be good for another 100,000 to 150,000 miles. Contact me if interested and I will put you in touch with the owners. If no one is interested, I may buy it myself. Car is located in Sherman, Texas which is 65 miles north of Dallas.

Pete Phillips

post-32059-143138237119_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138237125_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138237133_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14313823714_thumb.jpg

Pete,

Sorry, I will have to pass.

Please keep up the great work on the Bugle.

Jim

Air conditioned. AM-FM with 8 track. Wire wheels. I'm sure a bumper could be had for a few bucks at a Pull a Part. You're right Pete, that is indeed one beautiful interior. Man oh man, I wish had $975.00.

I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet. I saw the owner today, and she says the car is still available. If I buy it and fix what it needs, it won't be $975 anymore!

Pete Phillips

Sherman, TX

Guest BJM

Pete,

I recently did a Craigs List Site Mash search for te LeSabres and Electras from 78 to 85. This does represent really good value based on what I found. We can't all collect the 'monster' cars of the Buick world and some that do, should still consider buying some of these grocery getter Buicks of a bygone era.

Just as those "grocery getters" of the 50's and 60's are few and far between, these rear wheel drivers are filling up salvage yards and just waiting for the next high steel demand period to be crushed forever.

Parts are plentiful and cheap.

They are welcome at BCA meets and great tour cars that get "decent" full frame mpg.

You know it's just too far for me to go but there are hundreds more BCA members within 300 miles of this car then in all of Iowa

Guest BJM

Texas has strict laws regarding the color of vehicles in certain neighborhoods.

Texas has strict laws regarding the color of vehicles in certain neighborhoods.

Awesome!!!:D