Help, Q about '52 Buick Super Ht

Help, I have a solid '52 Buick Super Riveria HT that I want to restore. It's missing some important parts like the grill bar that I cannot find anywhere. I located (but have not seen) a '52 Super convertible in need of repair (#5 - #6) and could use my ht as a donor to repair convertible (it has a grill bar). Should I buy the convertible and use my ht as donor or keep looking for '52 parts???<P>Ryan in MI cool.gif" border="0

Hi,<P>If you have a 2 door anything, restore it. While I do have a '49 4 door, and like them, the 2 doors are generally considered more collectable - though I still recommend restoring the 4 doors too (hey, 4 doors are overlooked and they may wind up becoming the more collectables....). Additionally, if you have the Riveria, you definatly have something there, as it is a more rare vehicle. Check out Hemmings Motor News, check out a bunch more Buick websites, check out junkyards, swapmeets, join the Buick Club and keep a "wanted" ad posted on this website or in their club literature, etc. Parts are becoming more and more scarce, and you need to be patient. My suggestion would be to keep the Riv, or sell it whole (don't part it out)if you really want the convertible. Just my point of view...good luck.

For the grille bar, have you tried Ken Reeves at Wheatbelt Auto Parts in Carrier, Oklahoma? I've gotten grille bars from him, and even sold him one from a '51 parts car I had a few years ago. wheatbelt@myexcel.com<P>Pete Phillips<BR>BCA #7338<BR>Ector, Texas

Thanks for the help. I will check with them about the grille bar. I also feel bad about parting the solid 2-dr HT and am trying to figure out if I can restore both with the parts I have. Has anyone ever replaced a whole floor pan in one of these cars? I also like 4-drs and have a nice original 1955 Roadmaster 4-dr sedan. <P>Ryan in MI

i hand built new floors for my 50 cause i needed some custom stuff done, but i used some classic pans in a friends pontiac, and they were very nice. some trimming required based on how bad yours are, but i recommend them. so much easier than making them from scratch...<P>allan