Last Call - Louisville List - Who will be there/where will they be.

Bill and I will be judging. But afterward we would like to come see your vehicle if you are bringing one, or more than one, or if not then we hope to catch up with you somewhere to say hi.

If you are bringing a vehicle, or more than one :D , please list what you are bringing and the class/classes where it/they can be found. :)

To all those that will be traveling that 4th of July weekend, travel safe and don't speed. You know the law enforcement officers will be out in force :eek: and you will want that money for parts or 75th Anniversary items like the new book they are offering. I saw the prototype at the Hornets Nest Region meet and everything that Terry and Steve say about it is true. It is a real keepsake.

I am putting together a printable list of the information to post closer to the show. That way all of this information will be on one printable page like the list for Hershey that I put together each year.

Edited by Shop Rat
Additional information about the list. (see edit history)

I will be arriving on Wednesday. I will be in the Motorhome Parking in a 2004 Itasca Spirit Class C Motorhome pulling a White 20 foot Lark Brand car hauler trailer. Feel free to stop by anytime. I will be doing local tours in a Green 1929 Ford Model A Phaeton. I will be judging and my car will be in Class 21A. So, if you see anybody in a Green 1929 Ford Model A Phaeton with a North Carolina license plate, stop by and introduce yourself.

I will be arriving on Thursday and staying at the host hotel (crowne plaza) I will be bringing a yellow 1980 corvette I normally show in class 30c but I am supose to be part of a special display for the 75th Anniversary with the car going on display Friday afternoon so I am not show if it will stay in that disply or go to its normal class.

I would like to meet members of the Fourm durring the show or Banquet.

Bill

1980 corvette

1966 mustang convertible

I will be arriving on Tuesday, and staying at the host hotel "Crowne Plaza". The wedged and sloped nose white trailer with Louisiana tag will be in the trailer area.

The 1930 Packard 733 7-Passenger Phaeton will be in Class 19-A

We will do the Tours in a modern vehicle (it takes soooo much time to clean the spoke wheels)

Looking forward to visiting with y'all -- especially Bill & Susan, Matt, Mark, Darrin, Terry & Susan

post-54863-143138234872_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138234879_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138234884_thumb.jpg

Wayne and Gloria arriving Wednesday evening (600 miles), gonna be a long day.

We're staying at the Crown Plaza and will have our touring '56 Chevy, noted so by all of the AACA Touring stickers on its many windows.

Haven't met an AACA member I haven't like so look me up.:)

Wayne

Hello Susan, I read your posts often and would love to put a face with them.

We will be arriving on Thursday staying at the host hotel.

You can't miss my trailer. Here is my sign guy finishing it up.

We will be bringing our 69 442 special for Steve M. the Olds fan. It will be in the HPOF class.

Can't wait!

post-60266-143138235087_thumb.jpg

post-60266-14313823512_thumb.jpg

Hello Susan, I read your posts often and would love to put a face with them.

We will be arriving on Thursday staying at the host hotel.

You can't miss my trailer. Here is my sign guy finishing it up.

We will be bringing our 69 442 special for Steve M. the Olds fan. It will be in the HPOF class.

Can't wait!

I read yours too. :) And I look forward to meeting you also. Since I can't put photos with the printable list I did put a verbal description of what is on the rear door of your trailer so that folks can find it. Thanks for adding your information.

This is going to be an event where I wish I could be in half dozen places at one time! Susan and I will be at the host hotel and at all the functions. Of course our Board of Directors meeting and a couple of other committee meetings will keep me occupied a bit, but my intention is to be out and about with everyone. If you see me wandering, grab on, it's going to be an exciting event, and an exciting future for AACA. I want to take you all along for the ride!

Terry

Shop Rat,

I too read the forums on a regular basis and enjoy your posts. My wife and I will be arriving (we hope) on Wednesday afternoon. I will be bringing my '61 Impala SS for the Special Display area that was meantioned in an earlier post. The '61 will be trailered (White Ford Dually with a white Fifth wheel trailer and my wife Debbie plans to follow me driving our '62 Corvette. We will use the Corvette for the tours and have entered it in the driver class on Saturday. We are staying at the host hotel and she will be judging on Saturday. We are really looking forward to this meet. She's a brave soul to drive a straight axle Corvette from Richmond, Va to Louisville but it was her idea cause she doesn't want to drive the dually on the tours.

Terry.....good to see you today, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to attend our show today.

We'll be rolling in (my parents, maybe my wife, and I) on the night of June 30th.

We're going to be bringing the vehicle that started our involvement in AACA ('37 Plymouth pickup) and going for a repeat preservation. This will be the 50th award that we'll have received with a vehicle in AACA (2 HPOF's, 1 second junior, 6 first juniors, 4 seniors, 1 second AGNM, 4 AGNM's, 3 Senior AGNM's & 28 Repeat Preservations).

Supposedly my judging credits have been corrected, and I will go back to judging again. Of course my first choice was to judge something I know nothing about - FIRE TRUCKS!!:D:D

We signed up for the tour, we've never done any touring with AACA, so when it's all said and done the truck that started all of our involvement with AACA will reach a milestone for our collection, it made it onto a dash plaque during AACA's 75th anniversary, and when it's over, the truck will leave Louisville with the commorative license plate on the front with both diamonds on it. Of course with three of us signed up for tours, but by bringing the pickup, I'll either have to ride in the back, take our tow vehicle, or bum a ride.:eek::eek:

This will be the first meet in a long time where we won't be going for a major award, I won't be planning for a meet, and I won't be having to solve any problems that get handed in my direction. I get to be a plain old AACA member.:D:D

Now it'll be up to someone else to put one over on Terry Bond:D:D

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)

We will be there in our almost done 1923 McLaughlin Buick model 45 Special Export (one of two known to exist). Stop by and say hi. I am also redoing the 63 Avanti that is documented in the Restoration forum. Going to have the 23 judged to establish a baseline and to document what the judges say must be done to complete the car. Arriving Wednesday PM, hopefully around 6. Staying in the alternate hotel.

And will be in class 17b.

post-48480-143138235683_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138235698_thumb.jpg

Edited by unimogjohn
thanks Susan, added the class (see edit history)

Susan,

I'll be showing the '56 Lincoln Premiere in Class 27B, arriving Thursday at the Residence Inn,

two hotels over from the Crowne Plaza (I get points at the RI's) on Phillips Lane.

Dave Bowman will be with me, and I'll try to ID myself as a DF'er for the Banquet, as well.

n1611771902_7990.jpg

See you there!

TG

Pamela and I will be arriving at the Crowne Plaza Wednesday afternoon (barring any problems en route). The weekend starts off at 8:00 am Thursday with a board meeting, and we'll be going flat out until Sunday morning's departure for home. Look us up in class 9b with the car that put us on the map, our '12 Maxwell. And we'll be in our trademark period clothing as well.

(photo credit: Bookreader- thanks!)

post-48989-14313823684_thumb.jpg

Be especially careful while driving through Ohio and Kentucky.....The speed traps have multiplied significantly as the economy has declined.

Drive safe and stay close to the speed limit.

Thanks everyone for the information and photos to help folks find you. I plan to post the printable list on Monday the 28th. That way all the information will be on one post that you should be able to copy and paste to an e-mail or Word to print to take with you. If anyone needs it sooner let me know and I will send it to you.:)

Will be driving our 1931 Hupmobile towing a 1937 Mullins trailer, 165 miles in from Dayton OH, Wednesday morning. Should arrive at the Crowne Plaza hotel close to noon.

We are newbie’s as this is our first national meet. We plan to tour during the week and show in the driver participation class Saturday. I am traveling two lane state roads and avoiding I-75 & I-71. My wife will be coming later, by interstate, in her modern air conditioned Buick. Looking forward to meeting people and picking up tips on touring and maintenance.

Claire & Jack Dwyer

post-41405-143138237228_thumb.jpg

I plan to arrive in Louisville sometime Thursday morning and will be staying at the Comfort Inn just down the street from the host hotel. I plan to do some touring and sightseeing while in Louisville and will be attending the Banquet on Friday night.

My 1980 VW Rabbit will be in Class 27-N at the show on Saturday.

Last call folks. :)

For any that have not posted their information about where they can be found at the Louisville meet, but would like to, please add your information today.

I plan to post the printable, all-in-one list tomorrow. You should be able to copy and paste it to an e-mail to yourself so that it is easy to print. Or print it straight from here. For space concerns I did edit some of them down from what was here.

Thanks to everyone that has already posted their information and hope to see you there.

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

While I am still relatively new to the forum site and have only posted a few questions, I would like to say hello to any that come by Class 25E. The tips that have been provided, by all, regarding judging has been very useful to me and I am sure many others. I am looking forward to attending another great AACA event.

Bob and Sherry Speights

Nashville TN

P.S.

That is me in the straw hat in the upper right hand corner of the pic.

post-57753-143138240095_thumb.jpg

Hi, I am new to the forums. We hope to arrive on Wednesday afternoon and will be staying at the Host Hotel. I am showing our 1956 Ford pickup in class 22-C. Hope top meet all of you.

Larry and Elizabeth Coble

Susan,

Thank you very much for putting together the Louisville List.

I hate to ask you to do this but could you change my entry? Due to a medical situation with my Mother that happened on Sunday I will be unable to attend the Louisville event. If you want to remove my information from the document or note that I have had to cancel my plans (whichever is easier for you) feel free to do so.

Sorry I will miss seeing everyone at the event. I was really looking forward to this event and seeing everyone. Hopefully, I will be able to attend the Meet at Blacksburg in August.

If anyone needs a hotel room for Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights in Louisville send me an email or message. I don't know if the hotel will let me transfer my reservation but I would be willing to ask them is someone needs the room. FYI my reservation is at the Comfort Inn & Suites just down the street from the host hotel.

Thanks.

Charlie,

Not a problem at all to change your information. Just very sad that it needs to be done. But family comes first.

We plan to go to Blacksburg so hopefully we will see you there.

You are welcome for the list.

I would like to add the photos that folks have posted to the printable list. However, I can't seem to get them to be below the person's information. They go to the bottom.

Can someone walk me through how to get them to be where I need them to be, please?

Thanks,