1933 Olympic Crank Hole Cover - WTB

Guest JSGregory

Guest JSGregory

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there might have a crank hole cover for a 1933 Franklin Olympic Convertible Coupe. I have one that says "Franklin" on it, but have learned that the correct cover should read "Olympic". Restoration was recently completed and this is the last piece needed, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Guest JSGregory

Thanks for the photo, Steve. I've seen them on other folk's cars, but haven't had any luck tracking one down yet. You've confirmed what I'd suspected - these are incredibly scarce.

Thanks again

• 3 months later...

I found this one at Hershey on Thursday for $25. I was going to stop by and show it to you, but I was afraid you'd shoot at me or something.

I would not be against loaning one out to be copied. Perhaps Verdone in PA could cast you one out of stainless.

post-48034-143138324575_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am the process of looking to have these made as I need a couple for my cars. I've talked to a couple of places about having these cast. The originals have the metal tab soldered on the back which seems to break off. I was thinking of having the new ones cast thick enough to drill and tap for small screws to hold the tab in place. I'd like to propose them as a Club project if there's interest. I'll post updates as I make progress on them.

Dan