Buick Reatta France

Guest lestroisbofs

Guest lestroisbofs

Bonjour, j ai UNE Buick Reatta du 14/12/1990, «Que je Crois c est la Seule quelqu France en l'ONU Peux t il me le confirmateur! , J ai Enjoliveur Also Besoin morceaux de l'ONU central de roue, phare Moteur kit de réparation leve, Disques avant freins, cales Amortisseurs avant, le soutien des verrins de coffre et le cache interieur de Passagers fixation du retroviseur, le stylo et la lampe du livret, Le Tout pour la France

Edited by lestroisbofs
recherche de pieces (see edit history)

The best I could do on this translation.

Appears he needs some parts.

Hello, I have A Buick Reatta, 14/12/1990, "What I believe is the only c someone France in the UN Can t I confirmer! J I Need Also trim pieces of the UN's central wheel, headlight motor repair kit leve, Front disc brakes, front shock absorbers hold the jack-screws to support safe and hidden inside Passenger mirror mounting, the pen and lamp of the book, The Whole of France

Guest mongeonman
Bonjour, j ai UNE Buick Reatta du 14/12/1990, «Que je Crois c est la Seule quelqu France en l'ONU Peux t il me le confirmateur! , J ai Enjoliveur Also Besoin morceaux de l'ONU central de roue, phare Moteur kit de réparation leve, Disques avant freins, cales Amortisseurs avant, le soutien des verrins de coffre et le cache interieur de Passagers fixation du retroviseur, le stylo et la lampe du livret, Le Tout pour la France

Salut lestroisbofs,je suis le seul qui parle le francais sur ce site et j ai quand meme de la difficulté a comprendre,peut tu simplifier en bon francais svp si tu peut,je viend du Québec,les autres viennent pas mal tous des Etats unis,je t inclus une photo de ma BAGNOLE...Je crois que le mieux pour toi serais d acheter sur Ebay.com tu y trouveras presque tout.Envoie nous une photo de ta bagnole.

post-49406-1431382321_thumb.jpg

Edited by mongeonman (see edit history)

Guest mongeonman
The best I could do on this translation.

Appears he needs some parts.

Hello, I have A Buick Reatta, 14/12/1990, "What I believe is the only c someone France in the UN Can t I confirmer! J I Need Also trim pieces of the UN's central wheel, headlight motor repair kit leve, Front disc brakes, front shock absorbers hold the jack-screws to support safe and hidden inside Passenger mirror mounting, the pen and lamp of the book, The Whole of France

Pretty good translation!!(tres bonne traduction!!)

Guest mongeonman

HE wants someone to ship those parts to France in Europe,i asked him to try to repeat more clearly cause even i have problems to understand exactly the parts he wants,i will tell him the best place for him to go to is Ebay.

Oy! French. Technically we're supposed to keep everything in English here, but I don't see how we can turn away a fellow Reattaphile.

For the brake parts he appears to be looking for he should go to RockAuto.com I'm certain they ship to the EU.

Guest mongeonman

I wrote him a private message to tell him he can communicate with me in french using the pivate message option and i will try to help him the best i can.

Guest Kingsley

lestroisbofs - Je crois que vous vu ma Ebay publicite' pour le NEW DESIGN (nuvelle conception) kit de pieces de phare. Le kit inclut le bras detraque' et tous pieces non mechaniques requis pour reconstituer un phare. Le prix etait $60.00 mais maintenant le prix est $50.00 plus l'expedition internatinale d'USPS $12.70. Je peux envoyer le kit immediatement.

I guess I need to plug the "Barney" cranks.......

Steel replacement headlight bellcranks, rollers and UP-STOP nut for $45 including shipping and instructions. Buy 2 and get the the pair for $85

Mine do not come with the bumper or link because they are seldom needed.

post-30596-143138233002_thumb.jpg

Guest Kingsley

Barney - Welcome to the party! The Forum is oft the "Forum of Contention" and I want no part of it. I will state my personal feelings that the metal to metal contact, crank arm against frame stop, that takes place each time the six plus pound headlamps open and stop in a nanosecond, may not impact the power train immediately but I feel that it will over time. I bought the last 995 OE crank arms for a mere token and put them in as "Lagniappe" in my Parts kit. The bumper is a pennies item and I feel that it is worthwhile. I am not trying to sell anyone, just explaining my approach. I respect, very much, your position and certainly am not taking issue with it in any way - we all have, and are entitled to, our own line of thought and it is benficial to have everyone's view expressed. Best regards to all on the Forum!

off topic but I just wonder how many Reattas are in foreign countries. I know of one in New Zealand and now one in France. Several in Canada but how many in other countries. It would be interesting to find out. Barney do you have the vin on the car in France?

Chuck

Guest Kingsley

In the course of making an effort to help this fellow, should it be advantageous in any way perhaps it would well to consolidate into one shipment as opposed to a involving a number of shipments. Something to think about and I am willing to help in any way. May really not become an issue.

I received an email from a fellow in Finland this week and he has 900480... a 1991 Burgundy, grey, convertible. With a little research, I told him that there were only two made in that color combination and the other one was a "donated" car that cannot be registered.

I mentioned in an earlier post that Kingsley's bellcranks are good and he also has the originals. I failed to mention that Barney also has a very good reproduction and I think what he meant when he said the rubber bumper is not needed he was referring the the fact that in changing the bellcranks on your car you can reuse your original.

Kingsley,

I am impressed with your knowledge of the French language.

Chuck,

I have sold several parts over the years to a fellow in Switzerland who has a black '90 convertible. I will be sending him more parts on Monday.

Guest Kingsley

Jim - I must 'fess up - I imagined my self in his situation so I sought out a friend to help. Had the fellow spoke Cajun French I probably could have probably done it myself!

Guest Kingsley

Booreatta - I have sold a set of sun visor clips to a fellow from either Argentina or Brazil so there is a Reatta in South America. Specifc info not available now as lost during a computer crash and could not retrieve it. Also have sold in four different areas of Canada.

Guest Kingsley

Through the Forum, Reatta parts are made available world-wide.

I am happy to report that lesteroisbofs' need for crank arms is in the process of being concluded and should result in shipment within a day or so.

Have all of his needs been identified? I am not in the overall Reatta parts business but if I can help anyone in their efforts will be glad to do so. My French speaking college friend is returning to summer school today but his services are available. It is nice to know that a frequent Forum contributor has, himself, French language talent.

Forum Fathers- enjoy your day!

Guest lestroisbofs

Bonjour Kingsley , un petit message pour te dire que je n ai toujours pas recu le kit reparation moteur de phare

peus tu faire le necessaire

merci et le bonjour de france a touts les reattaphiles

Guest mongeonman
Bonjour Kingsley , un petit message pour te dire que je n ai toujours pas recu le kit reparation moteur de phare

peus tu faire le necessaire

merci et le bonjour de france a touts les reattaphiles

He says he did not receive his kit yet,could you do the necessery so i get it please,thanks,hello to all the reattaphiles.

Guest Kingsley

USPS quotes 6 to 10 day transit time and that was the term of the sale - he still has some time to go. His vehicle is down so he is naturally anxious.

Guest lestroisbofs

Bonjour , un grand merci a Kingsley , la trousse est arrivee ce jour et le produit est de bonne manufacture

A bientot et bonne vacances a tous

Guest mongeonman
Bonjour , un grand merci a Kingsley , la trousse est arrivee ce jour et le produit est de bonne manufacture

A bientot et bonne vacances a tous

Thank you ,to Kingsley,the kit has arrived,and it is good quality.

A bit more than that - more like "A big thank you, it arrived and is well made. So long and have a happy 4th." English relates more to German than the Romance languages so is hard to translate the inflections properly.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lestroisbofs

Hi , i try in english

i look for scaner diagnostic for my buick reatta 1990 , can you help me!

tkhs

jjt

Guest Kingsley

Just as info - just quoted Messr. Thuault, in French, a hubcap plastic center enblem for his Reatta using Jim Finn as the supplier and suggested that he contact Jim directly.

Mr. Thuault is a very nice gentleman and deserving of all the assistance we can give him. I use Google's english to french translation services - free; however, I have spoken with him on the phone and, as you can see, his English is good.

I note he is asking for assistance in diagnostics - Mongoeman does a fine job of translation but as an alternative the translation service seems to work well and is easy to do. As mentioned above, English is now acceptable.

Site is: www.freetranslation.com

Edited by Kingsley
Add further info (see edit history)