wire problem

47clubcoup

I have a 47 club coupe all original. There is a two inch fuse block under the dash, it has two wires going out of it,one thick and one single wire. Can anyone help me find out where the single one goes to.Iv taken out the silver toggle switch that has three connections on it. dont know what that works yet. Taken out the courtesylight, and the three heater switches on the one unit so i can see where thewire gos.I believe it is joined to form a "y"connection that has a male connection.but i cant find where it gos. without this connection thecar wont crank and turn over.??:confused:

Not quite sure what you have there? I've been under and behind the dash on my '48 club coupe lately fixing various units. The starter circuit is very simple. There is a wire attached to the starter button that goes to the starter relay. All the button does is supply a ground to activate the starter relay. Perhaps this wire is loose from the button? The toggle switch on the extreme left lower lip of the dash is for the driving/fog lights. There should only be one heater switch and one defroster switch? These are feed by 2 fuse holders directly above the switches. There is a circuit breaker mounted on the firewall that protects the lighting circuits and a dual resister for the ignition.

The wires do go to the starter button. Thank you and the silver toggle switch under the dash cant ?work the lights.in front of the dash i have 4 boxes next to each other.the first one has a red" T "on it the second is the key, third a "C" and fourth is the "L" for lights i think. right now iv got all the light bulbs out as iv got to get new ones and some sockets for them also.IM really happy to have other people with thies cars to help me through my trials.

• 4 weeks later...

The silver toggle swith is for your running lights, it will switch the headlight to the running lights, The T is your throttle, pull it out to have early cruise control, C is choke, L for lights and far right should be cigar lighter if your car was equiped with it.

• 2 years later...