1990 Reatta Coupe - IPC Problem

Guest Marty Russell

Guest Marty Russell

Hello, my friends! I need some input/assistance wwith a new problem my 1990 Reatta Coupe has developed. It pertains to the Instrument Panel Cluster. Not a complete failure, however I have no speedometer reading, tachometer reading, oil pressure reading and, of course, the trip meter is not working. Also, I took it out on the road and the cruise control is not working. The only code I am getting is "b334c" which tends to indicate the ecm is not transmitting it's information, however the ecm was replaced a few months ago with a rebuilt unit and everything has been working just fine. I have checked all the ground connections as I know how important these are for proper operation of all the Reatta's electronics. I also pulled the IPC and reinstalled, just to make certain the connection is good. As always, I welcome any and all comments/suggestions you may offer regarding this problem as I would like to get it corrected.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Pull and reseat the connectors for the ECM and BCM. Believe the BCM is the relayer of the infomation from the sensors and ECM to the IPC. Hopefull it's just a bad connection.

Guest Marty Russell

I want to express my appreciation to Mc_Reatta and to Jim Finn for helping me resolve the IPC problem with my 1990 Coupe. I pulled and reseated the connectors for both the ECM and BCM, however to no avail. I communicated with Jim Finn who then felt that my ECM was defective, even though it was replaced less than a year ago. He was correct! My local NAPA replaced the ECM since it had a one-year warranty and now my speedometer, tachometer, etc. are all working again. It is great that the information shared on this forum can be of such great assistance when dealing with the occasional Reatta problems. Thanks again!