fuel pump overhaul

Guest erector

Guest erector

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get a fuel pump overhaul kit for my 40 buick. It vapor locked on me last week and I think it is getting weak. The vacuum portion doesn't work anymore and I would like to fix it also.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Guest Fr Mike

"Then and Now" (old car parts & services), did the fuel pumps for my 1931 Buick and 1936 Plymouth, with diaphragms compatible with the current reformulated gasoline. I am very pleased with their work, prices, and customer relations. Ask for Tom. 781-335-1579.

It very well may be a bad cam shaft your lob might be too low or even worn out I have a 1940 century that will not run without my electric fuel pump I might go 25 miles and when it's hot out I guarantee you it will slall I just hit the switch and keep on going down the road. Now if your car is a driver I would definitely put an electric switch in thar and I guarantee you will never have a problem. But if you trailer your car just change the cam.

Have a great Buick day

Frank

ARTHUR GOULD REBUILDERS- New York (631) 269 - 0093

A few years ago Art retired and passed the business to WILLIAM WOERNER. He is a very decent young man, and does quality work with quick turnaround, and some units already rebuilt and in stock.

He sent me a completely rebuilt unit in the same time I would have waited for the rebuild parts. Now I can rebuild my own, and carry a spare for anyone else who might need one on tour.

I strongly endorse this company.

I've had them do all of my fuel pumps ('34 Buick, now will do '37 Buick, did '41 and '54 Caddys) - all with excellent results

Edited by Marty Roth
Correction to phone # - small keys-big thumbs, addit. thoughts (see edit history)

Last summer, I had Artie Gould (agouldpump@optonline.net) rebuild the dual action fuel pump on my 47' Special. They turned it around in ONE DAY (drop off/pick up), so I would not miss a show. 400 miles later it performs flawlessly.

From Hemmings ad:

FUEL pump rebuilding and sales, fast service, 1-year guarantee. Arthur Gould Rebuilders, 5R Main St, Kings Park, NY 11754, 631-269-0093, FAX: 631-269-5064.

Good Luck!

-Frank

With the price of some fuel pump kits these days its a better deal to get an exchange fuel pump from one of the Buick parts venders. My wife gripes if I spend too much time swimming in old gas and oil. If course I tell her that I don't like her perfume either :) (Perfume gives me an instant headache)

Bill

Ercell

At the point where you're about to screw the different bodies together with the new diaphragms in place, I'd give Then and Now a call and have them walk you through the process of relieving the pressure on the new diaphragms. You'll need to hold down the rocker arm all the way, and screw the pieces together. You'll need two sets of hands, and a bench vice.