Dana Point Concour

Guest Jag Jen

Guest Jag Jen

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and have a question I am hoping someone can help me with.

I was very flattered the Dana Point Concours Selection Commitee is allowing my Jaguar to compete at the end of the month. Has anyone out there been to this show?

I am not sure how my car will be judged. I can't seem to find any information on the judging standards used. I do know that the CCCA is involved in some capacity.

Are cars at this concour judged by their standards? Are the standards as presented in their judging guide what I should anticipate? And what about the requirement that judges check things like windshield wipers and fluid, radio operation, etc. I am very familiar with JCNA concour judging and these things do NOT come into play....

I would love to be get a copy of the judging form if they exist online....

Oh, and if it is judged, how is undercarriage done?

Eagerly anticipating your reply

Jen

In my experiance with concours there are no judging "standards". It's a beauty contest and beauty is in the eye of the beholder (judge). If the beholder happens to be turned on by knock kneed girls with a severe overbite, that's who gets an award.

My advice is to go to the show with no expectations other than a free lunch. That's often the best part............Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

In my experiance with concours there are no judging "standards". It's a beauty contest and beauty is in the eye of the beholder (judge). If the beholder happens to be turned on by knock kneed girls with a severe overbite, that's who gets an award.

My advice is to go to the show with no expectations other than a free lunch. That's often the best part............Bob

+1

It is human nature to have expectations but you really can never tell how any particular event will dole out awards. In general they make sure there are enough different trophies so all the regular heavy hitters are taken care of - ultimately they need these guys to bring back different cars each year. That said, just go and have a blast. A concours is nothing more then a high end show.