Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

Guest Kevin Bayerlein
Maybe some air in the tires, too. :D

Have you done anything to it since '06?

It's coming along nicelypost-81775-143141931004_thumb.jpg

Guest Sayessa

Warning--the images you're about to see are disturbing. Those with heart conditions or delicate sensibilities should look away. :eek:

This is what happens when a 65 sits in the rainy part of Washington State for the better part of 20 years. Currently tearing him apart and assessing the amount of items/time/money we need to rebuild him. Engine was just torn apart last weekend, so while we save up for parts we'll start tackling the body work.

post-87820-143141932216_thumb.jpg

post-87820-143141932179_thumb.jpg

post-87820-143141932206_thumb.jpg

post-87820-143141932239_thumb.jpg

post-87820-143141932264_thumb.jpg

post-87820-14314193227_thumb.jpg

Guest Sayessa

Wow, yeah yours is in rough shape too. Lucky on the rust though! It's killing our progress right now, but seeing yours keeps my hope alive. ;)

Guest Sayessa

I need a LOT of parts... :( As soon as I figure out the PM thing I'll send you my email address. I go to the San Diego area several times a year; it's beautiful down there.

...that looks like the north entrance to old GM Building on East Grand Blvd.

Oh crap. I'm an idiot. :( You're right, it's the old GM Building, now called Cadillac Place. I knew it was the old GM headquarters, but obviously I need to study up on the names of the Detroit landmarks....

My 65 ... or as my grandson so lovingly calls it ... the BatMobile

So Richard, do you have photos of your 65 posted elsewhere on this site? I'd like to see some more of it. Sorta like riske' photo's eh? You see a little and you want to see more! :cool:

So Richard, do you have photos of your 65 posted elsewhere on this site? I'd like to see some more of it. Sorta like riske' photo's eh? You see a little and you want to see more! :cool:

slosteve, sorry nope, those are the only ones I have posted here. I'll be taking her out tomorrow so I'll snap a few shots and post back. Any certain poses you interested in?:o

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PRDDETROIT

Here are some pics of my 63. We converted it to a 65 drivetrain. Motor, Trans, rearend and a 3 inch drop suspension in 5 days. I just got back to my home in LA yesterday at 4:30am after a 2300 mile drive from Dearborn michigan (where I grew up) with my daughter down Route 66 in the newly rebuilt Riv. I did a complete story on the Jalopy Journal/ The H.A.M.B (subject= Project 63 Riviera started) with detailed photo's and what it took to do this. It was not an easy job but, It turned out great. Thanks to some really amazing people. My Old man, Charlie, George aka "Kingfish" Dave "Future father in law" and Riviera Dan for a lot of the parts to do this conversion and Russ Martin for some other parts we needed. And all the others. I'll get there names later. Project 63 Riviera has started - THE H.A.M.B.post-90648-143142009344_thumb.jpg

post-90648-143142009331_thumb.jpg

post-90648-14314200934_thumb.jpg

post-90648-143142009342_thumb.jpg

Guest PRDDETROIT

Thank you Steve, A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this. It was great being able to work on a car with my Dad again, and being able to have my future father in law help and some really good friends of my Dads. I was really at ease when we dropped in the new motor and trans. Drilling new holes in the frame was pretty nerve racking but, when we dropped it in, The Motor mount holes and the trans mount holes weren't even a 1/16 of an inch off. they where dead on. The other was the carrier bearing for the driveshaft. 63 and 65 are completely different and line up in totally different locations. we had to make a steel spacer block to mount it inside the X-frame. But it worked perfectly.

My Daughter and I had a great time on our trip. She's never taken a road trip like that and we made some great memories.

Glad you and your daughter made it home safe & sound. And "GREAT JOB" to you, your dad and all the friends that contributed. Great feeling to know your hard work and diligence was worth the effort and done right.

Steve

Here's a twist for most of you guys, not too many of you have any of the 7th generation cars - 1986 - 1993. When Buick decided to make the 8th generation car - 1995 - 1999, they skipped the 1994 model year and ceased production of the 1993's in December of 1992 after only 4,440 units were made. Here are a couple of pictures of my wife's '93 which we just drove to Lexington and for which she brought home a class winner plaque. Prestige package with every conceivable option except the sun roof. The Medium Blue Sapphire Metallic paint and white leather seats are both extra cost options. We set the cruise at 70, the auto temp control at 70, sat back and enjoyed the ride. Averaged about 27 mpg for the entire trip.

post-50017-143142022871_thumb.jpg

post-50017-14314202286_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142022868_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

slosteve, sorry nope, those are the only ones I have posted here. I'll be taking her out tomorrow so I'll snap a few shots and post back. Any certain poses you interested in?:o

Still waiting!! Is it because I didn't suggest any indecent poses? How 'bout 3/4 front & rear for starters.

Steve

• 2 months later...

'Finally got my '63 on the road!!! T.N. 12969 '

Wow! That's a great color combo. Striking! :cool:

I don't know what it is about the silver interior but I love that color. Thought about doing mine ('65) even though it's wrong but I think I am going back to the stock gold exterior and I don't want to think Burl Ives everytime I take the car out.

Mike

Guest PRDDETROIT

I have 15x6 cooper tires 225/75r15 I like em. They ride nice. Good clean sidewalls and fairly cheap. They do hit a little if I turn to tight but not bad.

• 2 weeks later...