bb1970

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts


Benefits of AACA Membership.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:33 PM, RUGMAN said:

IMG_3540.thumb.JPG.380ba36dc87417493568a88a4ebf5386.JPG


Nice. I always had hood clearance issues using the original equipment plus an open element from Billet Specialties. Do the Edelbrocks sit lower?

36FE30DE-14D7-4B6E-8D2D-49C52C4EB527.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, Rivdrivn said:


Nice. I always had hood clearance issues using the original equipment plus an open element from Billet Specialties. Do the Edelbrocks sit lower?

36FE30DE-14D7-4B6E-8D2D-49C52C4EB527.jpeg

Edelbrocks sit the same    that's an Eelco intake Its not supposed to fit but it does Cool part is carbs are spaced like chevy dual quads There are more options for air cleaner Mine clears by 1/4" at most I had to slightly trim 1 or 2 studs for hood trim pc   Its tough to find the element so I used cut off wheel to change height  then silicone cut side looks pretty good and it was easy  Your motor looks awesome bro I need those valve covers HAHA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ROA member Bob Reed and I attending BCA Tarheel Buick Club cruise to Fort Bragg, North Carolina 82nd Airborne Division museum today. 

The BCA's Tarheel Buick Club chapter visited the museum and had lunch at an on base golf course. 

20200314_092324.thumb.jpg.f069656fb506a4f7a723eba498e3000a.jpg

 

20200314_112116.thumb.jpg.976f66245158a8d686319b22e26ccd1f.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

ROA member Bob Reed and I attending BCA Tarheel Buick Club cruise to Fort Bragg, North Carolina 82nd Airborne Division museum today. 

The BCA's Tarheel Buick Club chapter visited the museum and had lunch at an on base golf course. 

20200314_092324.thumb.jpg.f069656fb506a4f7a723eba498e3000a.jpg

 

20200314_112116.thumb.jpg.976f66245158a8d686319b22e26ccd1f.jpg

Another white w vinyl top 65!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

ROA member Bob Reed and I attending BCA Tarheel Buick Club cruise to Fort Bragg, North Carolina 82nd Airborne Division museum today. 

The BCA's Tarheel Buick Club chapter visited the museum and had lunch at an on base golf course. 

 

 

Nice Mike!

 

I was by that entrance to Ft Bragg on my way back from an appointment in Fayetteville last Friday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jframe said:

Another white w vinyl top 65!

 

Actually Bob's GS is the light beige color, not white.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Bob's Riviera is beige, not white. It's still a beauty. He's owned it since 1983. It has the dual quad setup. 

Gran Sports do that.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Aqua Zephyr at Hendricks Stadium, Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

The fruit trees are in bloom!

Luckily, you can't see the fine layer of pollen all over the AZ. 😢🥵🤭

20200314_150510.thumb.jpg.36cb1c3c39d5679ddad6dae01b9746a0.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that Shell Beige is interesting! Don't knoe that I have ever seen one with the vinyl top AND a Gran Sport.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unbeknownst to me while I was backing into a parking spot I almost had a close encounter with a light pole. This while visiting the 82nd Airborne Division museum today. 😳

 

20200314_112640.thumb.jpg.bbb586beb10c404aba96928917df62d8.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Unbeknownst to me while I was backing into a parking spot I almost had a close encounter with a light pole while visiting the 82nd Airborne Division museum today. 😳

 

20200314_112640.thumb.jpg.bbb586beb10c404aba96928917df62d8.jpg

 

A close one …

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My blue car is no longer blue

170368D1-3AAB-410F-ABEB-6713EA884483.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rivdrivn said:

My blue car is no longer blue

170368D1-3AAB-410F-ABEB-6713EA884483.jpeg

Will it be blue again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

My blue car is no longer blue

170368D1-3AAB-410F-ABEB-6713EA884483.jpeg

 

I wish my '72 was that far along!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Unbeknownst to me while I was backing into a parking spot I almost had a close encounter with a light pole. This while visiting the 82nd Airborne Division museum today. 😳

 

 

Been there, done that. I usually have a sigh of relief when I realize I have missed a mishap by that little.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Will it be blue again? 

Yes, cascade blue. I’m doing this one bone stock since it’s a well preserved 71 GS. Toughest decision was keeping the vinyl top.

5EC5B778-3FCC-4481-9B0B-D53734454FB9.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rivdrivn said:

Yes, cascade blue. I’m doing this one bone stock since it’s a well preserved 71 GS. Toughest decision was keeping the vinyl top.

5EC5B778-3FCC-4481-9B0B-D53734454FB9.jpeg

One of our BCA chapter members also has a Cascade Blue 72 Riviera he is restoring 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandfather's brother had this new and parked it in the mid-70s (w/ about 90k miles). They just recently left the house and gave the car to our family. The dusty picture is how it looked coming out of the garage. The other picture is just after a hose down. The car is amazingly photogenic and somehow doesn't show it's rust (unless seeing it in person).

IMG_39551sml.jpg.2c13a151685b8a042ca1bf4377fce55c.jpgIMG_39561sml.jpg.923e0e7d78708c4673cd1348d048a91c.jpg

 

Here's the car now. I had to go through the Dynaflow, swapped the carb for EFI, switched to front disc brakes, and got the AC working with the new refrigerant.

20171022_100303sml.thumb.jpg.a70ef97169c0e79905060b2b22869621.jpg

20180209_113822sml.thumb.jpg.4b5d70c0d4d7cc1cbe8adc17e711b221.jpg20180209_131626sml.thumb.jpg.65119bf9e6b54938afb5f6a36be47b8a.jpg

 

I have a couple kids and wanted a better seat belt setup. I made this gizmo from a roll bar main hoop.

20181027_143940sml.thumb.jpg.b522ac28b44426a2030e98da15bf322f.jpg20181110_153922sml.thumb.jpg.25bc88559f577cd5209a5eba4b1d02f4.jpg

 

This site has saved the day - Tom (1965rivgs) has helped me get an odd-ball part to get the horn working. Thanks Tom!!

 

Looking forward to future interactions.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadmanMark said:

My grandfather's brother had this new and parked it in the mid-70s (w/ about 90k miles). They just recently left the house and gave the car to our family. The dusty picture is how it looked coming out of the garage. The other picture is just after a hose down. The car is amazingly photogenic and somehow doesn't show it's rust (unless seeing it in person).

IMG_39551sml.jpg.2c13a151685b8a042ca1bf4377fce55c.jpgIMG_39561sml.jpg.923e0e7d78708c4673cd1348d048a91c.jpg

 

Here's the car now. I had to go through the Dynaflow, swapped the carb for EFI, switched to front disc brakes, and got the AC working with the new refrigerant.

 

Beautiful Riviera. Great job on the rejuvenation and updating of the fuel delivery system and the installation of the seatbelts!

 

You might want to write up an article with pictures about the seatbelt upgrade and send it to Ray Knott, the editor of the ROA magazine, The Riview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now