bb1970

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, J3Studio said:

 

Oh, I know—but it wasn't always so …

I did it years ago, when I first registered in 2006. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:13 AM, Arecki said:

My 1973 riviera after restoration in Poland.

weekend driving is great.

Beautiful Riviera! Congratulations for owning it! Please consider joining the Riviera Owners Association. You can join from the website: www.rivowners.org

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might think about taking it to someone or doing it yourself but the bumper needs to be fitted to the fender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elvira, our 1972 Riviera. Powered by a multi-port fuel injected 455 built by TA performance with their aluminum stage II heads

 

48173387_368208207062084_6449121358923169792_n.jpg.4c2dec26dd30fa8f688ac9ab8127be7d.jpg

 

50827938_391379838078254_5597541180779790336_n.jpg.48ee77b2aa61aa11a9abae61d8244748.jpg

 

27750308_218465095369730_2304480144276286627_n.jpg.7d00ae15447d5c8ee9a15b1aa235ed8c.jpg

 

56806582_425410744675163_8544693596937256960_o.thumb.jpeg.191b6f94c0e2afb81f569f32c89c0fdf.jpeg

 

45648999_353050445244527_342167069376118784_o.thumb.jpg.4fd6b10be39da3624392644e522642a6.jpg

 

48211978_367896390426599_9143546345921970176_n.jpg.8c83e96587ff0824e6614985b06aa3c0.jpg47388940_366382553911316_8363933013452521472_o.thumb.jpg.16d0de6538f60c1ede1c9787b0e74726.jpg

 

44435757_346489865900585_1399119269215600640_o.thumb.jpg.2a4fb8e7e0b5e696f112162b8f81969f.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Aqua Zephyr at Gettysburg National Military Park, June 2019.

20190625_172315.thumb.jpg.b784b85d76a1edd6cde56890481258f1.jpg

The AZ is overlooking the battlefield area on the northwest side of Gettysburg.

 

We had such a great time attending the 2019 ROA Meet. 

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NC1968Riviera said:

The Aqua Zephyr at Gettysburg National Military Park, June 2019.The AZ is overlooking the battlefield area on the northwest side of Gettysburg.

 

We had such a great time attending the 2019 ROA Meet. 

 

EPIC!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im getting the front disc brakes on the triple black 68 GS rebuilt. Less than 6% had the option from factory! When I purchased the vehicle I didn't even notice it had them, even though it is listed on the dealer option list that came with the cars paperwork.

brakes.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, xxrocket said:

My 1968 at Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise 2019.

Welcome to the forum. Great looking Riv!

If you have not already done so, please consider joining the ROA.

Next years Annual Meet will be in Kalamazoo, MI. You have to be a ROA member to participate in the Meet car show.

Check the details on www.rivowners.org.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got my 65GS done !  4 years , two crooks  later  and my grandchildren’s college savings ! 😀JK . Being shipped back to Des Moines tomorrow along with lots extra parts so let me know if you need anything ! This car started as barn find from Duluth, MN and is numbers matching. I modified the paint color from Verde Green, upgraded the interior from standard to deluxe with power windows and vents and put stainless 2 1/2 “ exhaust system with two mufflers rather than central one . Also put my tach in where the clock was using the same bezel. Painted under the hood body color rather than black and powder coated the wheel wells . Other than that pretty much  all stock. Know some purists will disagree but it’s what I wanted . If anyone needs a great restoration guy who is very reasonable and in the Houston area , let me know and I will  hook you up

 

KReed

ROA 14549

55A7C646-7323-4600-9550-B2B47AEF4A3D.jpeg

6C477F60-0AE6-4D21-9C47-16CB3951D8FE.jpeg

9BD19B57-B432-4EEB-8F86-EE01045498E6.jpeg

D979E817-2935-49B7-8652-CBCB2714919E.jpeg

08810A9F-4776-4FB3-9A9D-58B98A6BE8B0.jpeg

B3D84A3D-3E66-42D7-BCF7-AF1BA4BC66EA.jpeg

FDB8057D-2BC0-4E53-B5FA-81CB64774FC2.jpeg

075A5119-5345-46BC-BBCA-19FCD897AEC9.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kreed said:

Finally got my 65GS done !  4 years , two crooks  later  and my grandchildren’s college savings ! 😀JK . Being shipped back to Des Moines tomorrow along with lots extra parts so let me know if you need anything ! This car started as barn find from Duluth, MN and is numbers matching. I modified the paint color from Verde Green, upgraded the interior from standard to deluxe with power windows and vents and put stainless 2 1/2 “ exhaust system with two mufflers rather than central one . Also put my tach in where the clock was using the same bezel. Painted under the hood body color rather than black and powder coated the wheel wells . Other than that pretty much  all stock. Know some purists will disagree but it’s what I wanted . If anyone needs a great restoration guy who is very reasonable and in the Houston area , let me know and I will  hook you up

 

KReed

ROA 14549

 

6C477F60-0AE6-4D21-9C47-16CB3951D8FE.jpeg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SWEET RIDE!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kreed said:

Finally got my 65GS done !  4 years , two crooks  later  and my grandchildren’s college savings ! 😀JK . Being shipped back to Des Moines tomorrow along with lots extra parts so let me know if you need anything ! This car started as barn find from Duluth, MN and is numbers matching. I modified the paint color from Verde Green, upgraded the interior from standard to deluxe with power windows and vents

 

Hi Ken,

 

You're GS looks great!  Excellent bodywork and paint.  What color did you paint it?

 

You said "4 years, two crooks later..."  I'm sure there's a story there!  Mind relating it for us to learn from?

 

Congratulations on seeing the project throught - the results are outstanding!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, xxrocket said:

My 1968 at Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise 2019.

IMG_5476.PNG

 

Those wheels are boss.

Are they over drum breaks?

What model are they?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 6, 2019 at 12:44 PM, 65VerdeGS said:

 

Hi Ken,

 

You're GS looks great!  Excellent bodywork and paint.  What color did you paint it?

 

You said "4 years, two crooks later..."  I'm sure there's a story there!  Mind relating it for us to learn from?

 

Congratulations on seeing the project throught - the results are outstanding!

 

 

Got her back at home safely finally ( and off the payroll- feels like I just got a raise! ) . Re: the two crooks -one said he would do it , took a bunch of my cash to start and then tore the car apart and then nothing for 8 months , second crook states he was working 8 hours/day at $40/hr but in reality was probably working 2 hrs/day . When I questioned him why it took three gallons paint at $125/gallon to paint a chassis , he went nuts on me and told me to get my f...ing car out of his garage today or it would cost me $200/day . I had it out in 4 hours with the help of 5 friends and a Penske  truck . That's when the late Hardy Rawls came to my rescue . When he heard the story he said " bring that car down her to me and we will get it done ! " so sad he didn't get to see the final product . His shop did a wonderful job and  I will always be grateful to him and Garon Bracewell who did all the work . These pictures are us loading onto the truck to take to Hardy's shop in Montgomery ,TX . 

 

KReed

ROA 14549 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And unloading at home .... I have just done my last frame off  restoration! Always twice as much as expected and twice as long. Next car I but will be someone else’s restoration at 50 cents on the dollar ! 😀

KReed

ROA 14549 

26507CAE-449B-4B0E-B031-80373659BA53.jpeg

5689AB34-68A4-4E78-A598-65067B8D75FE.jpeg

72B3E14E-D6C2-4E65-A281-ABBC714C9111.jpeg

C86E89D6-1C38-46EF-8F3D-9B9A789FD7C3.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kreed said:

And unloading at home .... I have just done my last frame off  restoration! Always twice as much as expected and twice as long. Next car I but will be someone else’s restoration at 50 cents on the dollar ! 😀

KReed

ROA 14549 

26507CAE-449B-4B0E-B031-80373659BA53.jpeg

5689AB34-68A4-4E78-A598-65067B8D75FE.jpeg

72B3E14E-D6C2-4E65-A281-ABBC714C9111.jpeg

C86E89D6-1C38-46EF-8F3D-9B9A789FD7C3.jpeg

Ya; gotta love it though.  Great color.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kreed said:

And unloading at home .... I have just done my last frame off  restoration! Always twice as much as expected and twice as long. Next car I but will be someone else’s restoration at 50 cents on the dollar !

Great result, despite the tribulations.  I hope you'll enjoy your newly minted Gran Sport for many years and miles to come!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...