Jump to content

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!


bb1970

Recommended Posts

On 7/9/2021 at 6:46 PM, awk409ak said:

I was in a show two weeks ago and got a top 30 pick of all most 500 cars.  I have the US Mag wheels, 7 x 17 & 8 x 17 with DB redlines.  I chosed the redline for a little different look.

 

Art

 

20210619_091225_resized.jpg.2a1b89e75fc5279516d7215211487e26.jpg20210619_091237_resized.jpg.b7edd6532bfd3aa9b7e7a486b1ad9dcc.jpg

Art

 

Love the stance and the wheels. Nice touch.

Did you need wheel spacers to use that wide of a rim?

Is your car stock height or lowered?

 

Edited by Ckerch
Added question (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl,

My car is pretty much stock height I believe.  I do have air shock in rear with little to no air.  Would like to lower the front a little someday.   Have thought about adding QA-1 coilover to the front, then I can adjust the ride height.  I do have spacers, but did not require them.  The 17's fit fine without spacers.   One of my biggest problems I is trying to decide what I want to do with car.  1. is do I keep it, 2. do I leave it stock like it is or 3. do I make small changes to more of my liking (a little restomod).

 

Thanks,

Art

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, awk409ak said:

Carl,

My car is pretty much stock height I believe.  I do have air shock in rear with little to no air.  Would like to lower the front a little someday.   Have thought about adding QA-1 coilover to the front, then I can adjust the ride height.  I do have spacers, but did not require them.  The 17's fit fine without spacers.   One of my biggest problems I is trying to decide what I want to do with car.  1. is do I keep it, 2. do I leave it stock like it is or 3. do I make small changes to more of my liking (a little restomod).

 

Thanks,

Art

 

I am more of your option 3 person. Nothing crazy.

In the middle of a front disc brake conversion and decided to go through the front suspension while I have it on the lift. 

When talking to Coil Spring Specialties, they were guessing I might have roughly 1/2" sag over the 56 years. So I was looking at a 1" drop  similar to fxrspjc's car on page 10 of this post but think he might be running 18's. Might be a flip of the coin because I really like yours.

QA-1's sounds intriguing but have not seen any post of people doing it on a Riv.  

 

Thanks again for the feedback

Carl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ckerch said:

 

I am more of your option 3 person. Nothing crazy.

In the middle of a front disc brake conversion and decided to go through the front suspension while I have it on the lift. 

When talking to Coil Spring Specialties, they were guessing I might have roughly 1/2" sag over the 56 years. So I was looking at a 1" drop  similar to fxrspjc's car on page 10 of this post but think he might be running 18's. Might be a flip of the coin because I really like yours.

QA-1's sounds intriguing but have not seen any post of people doing it on a Riv.  

 

Thanks again for the feedback

Carl

Carl,

I like number 3 too, not anything crazy, just bolt on stuff.

 

I've done the QA-1 on a 38 Chevy coupe with mustang 2 front end and my current project which is a 47 Chevy Fleetmaster Woodie Wagon with a 74 Camaro front end.   I like them.  Think about it, it gives you the flexibility to adjust to ride height, firmness, and they look great underneath.

 

As far as wheels and tires.  I'm not a big wheel person so I was not going to go bigger than 17's.  The redline on the yellow car give it more performance look, which is what I wanted.

 

Art

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my  best  Buicks that i have owned, i purchased this from the original first owner 

Phoenix, this  Riviera could still show  and go to 118mph on speedo,, all stock  401,

except i painted  silver cloud about 2001. before i sold it.

001.JPG

009.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Wayne R said:

One of my  best  Buicks that i have owned, i purchased this from the original first owner 

Phoenix, this  Riviera could still show  and go to 118mph on speedo,, all stock  401,

except i painted  silver cloud about 2001. before i sold it.

001.JPG

009.JPG

Hi Wayne,

  That looks like it is much brighter, maybe more metallic, than the original silver... or maybe it's just the pic/lighting? Looks like a Mercedes silver to my eye...

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi  Tom, actually  i went into  Sherwyn  Williams auto paints,   south Sacramento,

and they had the actual  paint  book for Buick  63--65,Silver Cloud  being ZZ.

i used there  7000  system , base coat ,clear coat, i did the whole car in  3 days ,

 2 days prep, 1 day  paint and finish, and to this day it still  looks the same as the day i painted  it.

012.JPG

040.JPG

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wayne R said:

Hi  Tom, actually  i went into  Sherwyn  Williams auto paints,   south Sacramento,

and they had the actual  paint  book for Buick  63--65,Silver Cloud  being ZZ.

i used there  7000  system , base coat ,clear coat, i did the whole car in  3 days ,

 2 days prep, 1 day  paint and finish, and to this day it still  looks the same as the day i painted  it.

012.JPG

040.JPG

  Looks great, love the siver/black

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct: My Baby Gran was built in the 3rd week of November 1964.

However I have not seen any documentation of the exact date that Buick replaced

the small Gran Sport emblem to the larger one in 1965.

In which week did the change-over happen?

Does anyone know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TKRIV said:

Correct: My Baby Gran was built in the 3rd week of November 1964.

However I have not seen any documentation of the exact date that Buick replaced

the small Gran Sport emblem to the larger one in 1965.

In which week did the change-over happen?

Does anyone know?

 

All I've ever seen is "December 1964."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've heard that the changes took place over the Christmas break.  But that could be conjecture on the part of the person from whom I heard it. And I cannot remember who that was.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

GREAT pic Brian....almost makes the vent window disappear, really cleans up the appearance of the roofline

Tom

Thanks Tom, I couldn’t help but stop and grab the picture under the lights. 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Had my 65 ceramic coated ( 5 year whatever that means😀)last night after light paint correction . They did a nice job and will see how it holds up . First “old car “ that I have done although paint is only two years old now . Paint is actually a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee paint called “velvet red”. 
KReed 

ROA 14549

7BD8CBB1-E254-46D4-8DF8-FF4FACB380E0.jpeg

AC6ED095-4EA8-4438-8844-E731FB1B120D.jpeg

647E355B-8E3E-405E-A817-44A80B2F39C2.jpeg

D959E4B2-07DC-413F-951E-04EE00753C69.jpeg

5D53A2BB-6D78-4079-851C-FFDCC4BEC138.jpeg

8D5F7316-3444-4528-A7FA-92348888E49D.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These are a couple of pics of the car from about 20 years ago. Unfortunately, the car has been sitting in my dad's garage pretty much since then (life and all.....), and it looks it. Beginning the resurrection now. Slow going, but I should have the engine fired in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

Buick1.jpg

Buick2.jpg

Buick4.jpg

Buick6.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Restoring a 65 GS . Have had lots problems getting the back bumper to fit as it was obviously hit in the rear at some point . After three separate trys tweaking the bumper and replating ( don’t ask how much that cost) , finally got it to fit . Then spent a couple days tweaking and cussing to get the trunk lid to fit and then realized this problem ( yes it had been painted already ) . Anybody see the problem? 
KReed

 

76BC9B50-63EF-4521-AF5E-9DB521C7EAE6.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kreed said:

And the winner is ….. Ed ! Wasn’t paying any attention when I took it apart for paint . What a dummy I am .

KReed

ROA 14549

No problem; just get another emblem, and folks will be DOUBLELY sure that it's a Riviera. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jframe said:

No problem; just get another emblem, and folks will be DOUBLELY sure that it's a Riviera. 😁

Great idea - will save me a paint job . One of friends told me to put a dealer sticker over it - wise guy ! 😠 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, kreed said:

Restoring a 65 GS . Have had lots problems getting the back bumper to fit as it was obviously hit in the rear at some point . After three separate trys tweaking the bumper and replating ( don’t ask how much that cost) , finally got it to fit . Then spent a couple days tweaking and cussing to get the trunk lid to fit and then realized this problem ( yes it had been painted already ) . Anybody see the problem? 
KReed

 

76BC9B50-63EF-4521-AF5E-9DB521C7EAE6.jpeg

And my problem is getting those slotted holes in the 65 trunk lid that i put on my 64!

Want to trade?

Lol

On another note Ken, I know i cant ask you how much you paid to have your bumper rechromed, buy can i ask you who you had do it?

Thanks.

Nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2021 at 9:06 AM, kreed said:

Had my 65 ceramic coated ( 5 year whatever that means😀)last night after light paint correction . They did a nice job and will see how it holds up . First “old car “ that I have done although paint is only two years old now . Paint is actually a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee paint called “velvet red”. 
KReed 

ROA 14549

7BD8CBB1-E254-46D4-8DF8-FF4FACB380E0.jpeg

AC6ED095-4EA8-4438-8844-E731FB1B120D.jpeg

647E355B-8E3E-405E-A817-44A80B2F39C2.jpeg

D959E4B2-07DC-413F-951E-04EE00753C69.jpeg

5D53A2BB-6D78-4079-851C-FFDCC4BEC138.jpeg

8D5F7316-3444-4528-A7FA-92348888E49D.jpeg

Love this color. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DrownedRiv said:

And my problem is getting those slotted holes in the 65 trunk lid that i put on my 64!

Want to trade?

Lol

On another note Ken, I know i cant ask you how much you paid to have your bumper rechromed, buy can i ask you who you had do it?

Thanks.

Nick

Hi Nick - thanks for the note. Here’s the info with website and phone . They do nice work but not cheap as you would expect . My rear bumper for the initial plating was about $800 and they do guarantee their work . I got to them through an intermediary here in Des Moines called Keystone who does all the shipping to and from included in the cost . Turn around time depending on time e of year is 3-6 months . Hope that helps 

9BAA68FE-E08D-43D0-B8F4-BCF0FD62AD45.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, kreed said:

Hi Nick - thanks for the note. Here’s the info with website and phone . They do nice work but not cheap as you would expect . My rear bumper for the initial plating was about $800 and they do guarantee their work . I got to them through an intermediary here in Des Moines called Keystone who does all the shipping to and from included in the cost . Turn around time depending on time e of year is 3-6 months . Hope that helps 

9BAA68FE-E08D-43D0-B8F4-BCF0FD62AD45.jpeg

Great help.

We have KEYSTONE here too. They were who i planned to go through (actually that is who did my bumpers originally back in the early 80s).

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Rivieras at the Park" picnic in Archdale, NC today, hosted by @Rivman, Randall Crain, ROA South East Regional Coordinator, and his wife, Gwyn.

 

Ten Rivieras and their owners attended with several series represented. 

 

_MAS5522.JPG.44862ac6257ac3a26ea7c773fc4bd6b3.JPG

Photo Credit: Mike Sumrell

 

_MAS5542.JPG.1e8799b12e2cb2974c95ac62e1fb4492.JPG

Photo Credit: Nora Sumrell

 

_MAS5525.JPG.779f282c3aa2faedd3758545ab40657a.JPG

Photo Credit: Mike Sumrell

 

20210918_141353.jpg.4f99c021bde43fbc4960aec7bf888958.jpg

Photo Credit: Mike Sumrell

 

_MAS5532.JPG.02e2ea190b6174b5c80a58b9f041e626.JPG

Photo Credit: Mike Sumrell

 

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...