Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

Still in need of paint, but still progressing.

Very Nice, what size are those tires? Do you have any trouble with the front wheels clearing the wheal well?

- Tommy

• 2 weeks later...

Tim,

It's always great to see original unmolested cars. Besides always being a crowd favorite, they're always good for historical purposes - mnany restoration discrepancies can be resolved when there's an original car to look at.

Thanks for sharing. Hope you'll consider joining the Riviera Owners Association. www.rivowners.org

Ed

JZRIV and Rob J, great stories.

Unclebuck, I love the colour of your 64 what is it?

Here are my two, 62,000 mile 53 in Verde Green (Green Green?) over Osage Cream and 40,000 mile 65 in Midnight Aqua.

2upaa05.jpg

o76gis.jpg

I've since put correct size tyres on the 65.

It appears that your cars are both LHD. I thought that Australia had strict rules about RHD only. Is it because they are collector cars ( both are beautiful, by the way )?

Hi Mike,

As long as a car is 30 yrs old they can be registered in Australia, this was not the case until around 15 yrs ago. There are some wrinkles now, cars must be "stock".

Both cars are unrestored and the 65 is very original even to 95% of the paint. I have all the books for it, I even have the original paper California licence plate that was issued before the black ones arrived.

Cheers

John

CTX-SLPR:

According to Darwin's "Options Not Included" article in the Riview regarding the 1970 cars, there were 394 cars produced in Regal Black - a mere 0.95% of total 1970 production. The article indicates that black was not an available color option initially, but became available later in the production year...

Guest Kingoftheroad
I finally got the new wheels and tires on her.

The car looks GREAT with the new wheels & tires !

Granted this isn't my car nor are the modifications anything more than photoshops but here's some of the concept drawings I've done for my '64 Riv. I'm honestly partial to the second one with the larger fender vents (will be functional, maybe with fans even) but aren't locked into anything yet.

post-59921-14313855011_thumb.jpg

post-59921-143138550112_thumb.jpg

post-59921-143138550114_thumb.jpg

Granted this isn't my car nor are the modifications anything more than photoshops but here's some of the concept drawings I've done for my '64 Riv. I'm honestly partial to the second one with the larger fender vents (will be functional, maybe with fans even) but aren't locked into anything yet.

I like the vents from the third one placed in the location of the second picture. Are those from the Raineer? I have been looking at doing something like that myself.

PS, Brian, I thought I was burned out on Starwires, but I really like these on your car, too.

I like the vents from the third one placed in the location of the second picture. Are those from the Raineer? I have been looking at doing something like that myself.
Actually they are off of a LaCrosse or Lucurne. I picked the 3 ports of the V6 models because I have a V6 vs a V8. The whole point of the vents is to actually vent under hood air and pressure to keep the temps down and the front end from lifting at speed. The bigger vents are off of a last generation BMW M3 but happen to match the design of the rocker moldings quite well so I put them in the running.

Wheels are 18in Centerline Meteors, 18x7 front and 18x8 in the back with the tires roughly to scale.

I'm almost in the same boat. I like the smaller vents, but right where he has them. I also have wanted to have them on my Riv, but couldn't imagine them really looking good. CTX has changed my mind with those mock-ups! I've been trying to picture round or oval ones and it just didn't quite work in my head.

PS, Brian, I thought I was burned out on Starwires, but I really like these on your car, too.
The car looks GREAT with the new wheels & tires !
Brian, what size T/As are you running front and rear? It looks great.

Thanks, guys. They turned out even better than I had hoped.

I'll check the tires tonight. I flip-flopped between a few so I don't recall now what I ended up with. I'm thinking 225/70r15 all around.

I'm almost in the same boat. I like the smaller vents, but right where he has them. I also have wanted to have them on my Riv, but couldn't imagine them really looking good. CTX has changed my mind with those mock-ups! I've been trying to picture round or oval ones and it just didn't quite work in my head.

Years ago when Hub Harness from Kansas built his wife a '65 Riviera GS to drive, he used Audi emblems to make the portholes in her car. Remains to this day one of the best looking Rivieras I have ever seen, and maybe a part of the reason I own mine today.

post-53315-143138550786_thumb.jpg

post-53315-143138550792_thumb.jpg

post-53315-143138550797_thumb.jpg

post-53315-143138550801_thumb.jpg

Edited by steelman (see edit history)

Years ago when Hub Harness from Kansas built his wife a '65 Riviera GS to drive, he used Audi emblems to make the portholes in her car. Remains to this day one of the best looking Rivieras I have ever seen, and maybe a part of the reason I own mine today.

That is sensational!

Guest Orig_65_Riv

65 Riviera, work in progress. Just got her a month ago and have spent every spare hour disassembling, refabbing rotted rear window channel, wire wheeling and re-coating any rust I can find, prepping for paint, etc. Almost ready for a fresh coat of Silver Cloud. 51K original mile, fully loaded non-GS car.

post-75902-143138553311_thumb.jpg

post-75902-143138553313_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here's the car after I waxed it and then at the church at my recent wedding.

We drove the car 800 miles from my home in Baltimore to our wedding in Erie, PA and back. I think that was probably the longest trip the car has taken for over 30 years and it ran great.

post-75650-143138626511_thumb.jpg

post-75650-143138626515_thumb.jpg