Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

• 4 weeks later...

After many years of playing with old Chevys and Corvettes I finally found my Riviera. It came from Texas but was in Indiana before that. It is blue with silver interior and has many options that make it a joy to drive. It even has a leather steering wheel cover that probably was installed by the original owner.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On July 20, 2016 at 2:20 PM, MaineDoc said:

After many years of playing with old Chevys and Corvettes I finally found my Riviera. It came from Texas but was in Indiana before that. It is blue with silver interior and has many options that make it a joy to drive. It even has a leather steering wheel cover that probably was installed by the original owner.

image.jpeg

What a beauty. Would love to see more photos, especially of the interior

On Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 4:31 PM, lowslow64 said:

i'm new here and this car is new to me. it's my second 65 but I'll keep this one.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

My Dad's 65 that he bought new was Midnight Blue like this. Would love to see more pictures!

I completely understand you on not being able to resist snapping pics!  I tried convincing myself to only take some after I get the bumper hanging correctly and getting the stance right (too tall in the rear) but the light felt right yesterday in the evening..

Displaying IMG_20160810_195014_977.jpg

mine was originally regal black on black so the paint if off from what your father would have had I'm sure-much more metal flake than what wouldve come out of the factory in 65.

Edited by lowslow64 (see edit history)

Those two piece hub caps are every bit as sharp as the Rally wheels. What tires are those; the whitewalls are about what I would like to have on mine. That Midnight Blue is just beautiful.

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM, jframe said:

Those two piece hub caps are every bit as sharp as the Rally wheels. What tires are those; the whitewalils are about what I would like to have on mine. That Midnight Blue is just beautiful.

Thanks! the tires are GT Champiro 75 (made in china) 215/75/r15 with a 1.25 inch whitewall. The blue is really growing on me especially as i normally like lighter colors - your white+vinyl for example shows the lines of the body very nicely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Warlock
On 8/9/2016 at 4:31 PM, lowslow64 said:

i'm new here and this car is new to me. it's my second 65 but I'll keep this one.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Nice, I think I saw this on ebay recently, asked the seller for undercarriage pics before bidding, he said no-can-do, so I moved on. It was reasonably priced if I recall.

On 8/25/2016 at 8:18 PM, The Warlock said:

Nice, I think I saw this on ebay recently, asked the seller for undercarriage pics before bidding, he said no-can-do, so I moved on. It was reasonably priced if I recall.

yes that's the same car.  I'm relatively local so I didn't push the issue when he could not send close photos of the 'blistering' in the paint. Since it all turned out okay (blistering did not = rust) I consider myself lucky to have purchased it at a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

@KMDonnan, the rims have been replaced by the previous owner, I cannot seem to locate similar ones anywhere. The asking price is $26,000, however, I am opened to discussions about that. And, yes, it is an air suspension. Very smooth ride and looks great when you drop it low. There is more pictures here if you want to take a look: https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1965/buick/riviera/100788910

EDIT. The company is called MOON but I cannot find this particular model.

Edited by dBHub
more info added (see edit history)

If you're talking about the wheel covers on Dhub's 65, those are Dodge "Lancers". They were the factory wheel covers on '56 era Dodges.  They're being reproduced.  Google 'dodge lancer wheel covers' and click on the images link.  Find the year you like best and click on it, you'll then be able to see where you can find them.

Back when shoebox Fords were every kids dream, a set of Lancers made it the ultimate cruiser.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone ,

There has been an addition to my family. I got a call on Wednesday about a 69 Rivi that was for sale about an hour from home and within 2 hours it was purchased. Ironically my 65 was also purchased in September as well ( 2 years ago ). I wasn't  looking for another as I have been slowly getting the 65 to where it needs to be ie: full engine rebuild this past spring and all brakes redone. I've had to shuffle a few things around in the garage but she fits in perfectly. 

69 had been sitting in a garage for the past 3 years but had a complete restoration and the only thing I will need to do is drop it back down to a reasonable height , it's sits higher than my son's S10 4X4 ,  and put some new tires on. Of course full tune and fluid change just to be safe.

Bill

20160924_121930[1].jpg

20160924_173414[1].jpg

• Like 2

Rivdrivn-- It'.s funny but the grille is something I looked at and thought the squares was 69 . I'll admit my love affair with the first gen has caused me to not focus enough on all the others and the differences. I will be reading up on it now though !

All --- The price was too right not to buy it , but driving it around this weekend has been an absolute dream. My wife didn't enjoy the 600 mile round trips in my 65 but she feels more comfortable in the 69. She said it just feels safer. Either way , I now have A/C.!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone !

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

My newly acquired 64. Car was partially restored about 10 years ago, and basically parked. Custom mixed black cherry paint, and custom white interior with black piping. Been working on age related issues, and hope to have her on the road soon.

front ps.jpg

Interior4.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter's '64. A basket case but a good project to share with her. This is from the day we got it. I've rebuilt the engine/trans/rearend/brakes and she has driven it around the block but the car still pretty much looks the same. It sat outside for more than 10 years in the desert with the hood, windows, and doors off so every bit of electrical is gone. Most of the interior was stored inside so it looks pretty good but not her style so it will be replaced too.

Riviera.jpg 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Dantana

I finally got my dream car. An unmolested1965 Riviera with only one repaint. I bought it off of the son of the original owner here in San Diego with protect-o-plate. Working on getting her road worthy since she hasn't been driven since 2009. did the fuel pump and fixed the ignition. Now to rebuild the carb and fix the exhaust. Carpet kit in on its way, package tray is here, looking for the best veneer to but myself and fix. I plan on lowering it, adding Skylark wires, and cleaning up that engine bay. thanks to all the guys on this forum who have helped out every time I posted an issue.

FullSizeR_3.jpg

20161119_201808.jpg

20161120_180751.jpg

Edited by Dantana
correction (see edit history)

Looks like a great survivor with lots of potential without much work.  It's not often that you see those cars with the Rochester 4GC carb.  

Does any one have any info on why some cars came with the 4GC and others came with the Carter AFB? 

My 63 came with a Rochester.

Post more pictures as things progress.

11 hours ago, RivNut said:

Looks like a great survivor with lots of potential without much work.  It's not often that you see those cars with the Rochester 4GC carb.  

Does any one have any info on why some cars came with the 4GC and others came with the Carter AFB? 

My 63 came with a Rochester.

Post more pictures as things progress.

I'm not sure of Buick's reasoning on carb selection. It's not like you had a choice when buying the car new. My 65 has a 4GC, and it has been pretty flawless in the 4,000 miles I have added to it. Starts up on a freezing morning, and hits high idle on choke. I know the AFB is a good carb, but you do have to use the metal spacer plate with them on these cars, or risk torching the base of the carb. I just can't imagine any difference in the performance of either carb, either. Maybe Buick wanted to use up existing supply of 4GC's, and that is why the mix and match. Dantana, NICE find, btw! Good luck with getting it running again!

Guest Dantana

Thanks guys. I took her around the block and the accelerator pump is shot, all else seems to be good though. ill post more as I go.