Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

After several weeks, the 64' finally arrived all the way across the continent from New York. More "patina" than I was expecting and leaking fluids (transmission fluid, engine oil) but for a 52 year old, original and unrestored car, she is pretty nice. This is my first classic car and I'm looking forward to taking care of any issues and just enjoying her for the time being.

post-155763-0-14482200-1454641378_thumb.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres a different twist. This was a parts car I pulled out of the hollers deep in West Virginia. Check it out after I washed it with a Brillo pad. Kinda sad to wash off all the cool green lichen though. Imagine my surprise when the old 425 fired up after 10 minutes of tinkering. This thing was rusted so bad but it was loaded to the max with options.

Looks like a keeper to me!

post-145872-0-29466300-1456815313_thumb.

Here is my 65.
Built by GM Switzerland Biel-Bienne. (only 1 preowner before me!)
Actually restoring the whole interior.

med_gallery_147663_364_759953.jpg

Ar you sure the Buick was build in Biel ?

I saw a register showing all cars assembled in Biel.

According to this, Buicks were Build between 1963 and 1958 only.

US models were assembled in a CKD plant, only. 

The cars were shipped from USA in sub-assemblies (Body, engine, transmission, interior, etc ) and then just final assembly took place in Biel.

Reason for this procedure were tax benefits and government subsidies.

Frank

its a work in progress

Mitchpap,

That's a really nice looking car.  Tell us more about it and what "work" it needs.  Be sure to introduce yourself to the others on the forum as well.  Some history of you and why you chose a Riviera and in which part of the country you live.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

My 73 Fresh off a "Do Over".  You know how it goes, 4 Years later I'm happy with results. I've had Tails all my life as well as a few 2nd Gens. I'm still amazed at the amount of picking that has to be done, Seem like it will never be totally done. There is always something to make it better. My main goal was to have it done in time for the Nationals to get back to the East Coast. Still a bit of a drive from Conn, to Va. but we're good to go. The Motor Pic was just after putting it in, still needed some finish work under the Hood. Still trying to find some Tower Clamps that actually work ! Anybody?

post-128539-0-35548400-1458217804_thumb.

post-128539-0-73620500-1458217832_thumb.

post-128539-0-09671100-1458217857_thumb.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roadrunner RUS
On 02.04.2016 at 1:25 AM, Chimera said:

Living the Dream:

1968, previously one owner, factory triple-black GS Riviera with rare script deluxe interior.

SUPER NICE!

Guest Roadrunner RUS

Hi!

Here's my baby living in Moscow, Russia...

Rivie_Luzhniki_04102015 (7).jpgRivie_Luzhniki_04102015 (5).jpgDSC_0782.jpgtc_6_11.jpgDSC_0378_renamed_14505.jpgtb_7 (4).jpgRivie_Luzhniki_04102015 (10).jpg

More pictures available on the instagram @autoheritage.ru

DSC_0162.JPG

On 29.2.2016 at 8:03 AM, OldGerman said:

Assembly swiss.JPG

Ar you sure the Buick was build in Biel ?

I saw a register showing all cars assembled in Biel.

According to this, Buicks were Build between 1963 and 1958 only.

US models were assembled in a CKD plant, only. 

The cars were shipped from USA in sub-assemblies (Body, engine, transmission, interior, etc ) and then just final assembly took place in Biel.

Reason for this procedure were tax benefits and government subsidies.

Frank

Hi Frank

Sorry for the delay of my answer! ;-)
In fact, I don't exactly know if the car was built or just assembled in Biel... maybe you can find more information with the numbers of my '65 Riv!?  

Regards,

Eric

IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

On 27.2.2016 at 10:17 PM, slosteve said:

I've read that they used a different power plant in European cars. Can you confirm this?

Steve

Hi Steve

No idea about that... but maybe Frank could answer your question? It seems that he intensivly study registry of the power plants.

Greez from Switzerland, Eric

Edited by R-IC (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Very nice.  Will we get a chance to look at it up close and personal at this years ROA meet in Williamsburg?

I would LOVE to go, but economically, it just isn't on the board this year. Got Corvette trips already planned. But, PLEASE keep it on the East side of the country next year; Nashville would be wonderful. :)

The ROA event moves from coast to coast on a rotation basis.  The east coast won't be in the picture until possibly 2019.  West then Central, then back East.  Take the "s" off trips and make it trip then you can make it to the ROA event. Share the pride.  See if some of the other ROA members don't chime in and tell you what it's like to go to an ROA "family reunion."

Ed

PS - The ROA was in Nashville in '93.  Chances of a repeat are somewhere between Slim and none and Slim just left town on the last stage.  :rolleyes:

Edited by RivNut
Added the PS (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:11 PM, Seafoam65 said:

what a beauty! there isn't any combo that is prettier than arctic white with a black top on a 65 Riviera.

I don't know; that Seafoam Green is gorgeous to me. Almost bought one over in Ft. Payne, Alabama last year, but it slipped away from me.

19 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

She's sitting outside for a little fresh air, and of course it rains. 

By the way, Ed's right, ROA meets are a blast! See ya'll in Williamsburg.

image.jpeg

What a sleeper!!! Early GS with small badges that are hard to see, topped off with spinner hubcaps!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 95Mike

Terribly bad photo of my blue over blue '95 Supercharged (were they all?) on the day I brought it home.

Small  rust spots in two wheel arches has sine been repaired. New driver seat padding and complete seat motor replacement.

Still needs much TLC, but drives well aside from some squeaking in the suspension over sharp bumps.

So smooth!

2016-03-24.png

Edited by 95Mike (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...