bb1970

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we need a nailhead art thread

3DEC1C58-410D-4EAF-9A48-EF11EB407A46.jpeg

4C581AE4-9E1F-44F9-A0C6-2709FE1CA715.jpeg

D1FE3ACB-E31E-4E3C-83F9-834E14871FA7.jpeg

403F6D08-69EC-4F24-9F83-959AC989C0E5.jpeg

• Like 2

Here is my newly acquired 1971.  Oklahoma City car since new.  The 65 I bought several months ago.  It is also a 1 owner local car with a 425 and SCO Paint.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r34.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimJordan said:

Here is my newly acquired 1971.  Oklahoma City car since new.  The 65 I bought several months ago.  It is also a 1 owner local car with a 425 and SCO Paint.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r34.jpg

Is the 65 an LL paint code?

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 7:33 AM, EmTee said:

Hmmmm, add a plate glass top to that stand and you'll have the coolest living room coffee table on the planet!  ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.d54d1f58327542b9845f54c

Beautiful engine art!  

Picky picky dept.: shouldn't the water pump be engine color?

23 hours ago, Chimera said:

Is the 65 an LL paint code?

It is a "Special Car Order" SCO code.  I wish i knew what the special order color was so I can repaint it back.  The origal color was a bit darker and less green more grey appearing.  Is there any way to document what the original color was?  It was originally owned by a member of the Lammerts family like the fabulous Samoan Bronze 65 GS so I wonder if they ordered several in Cadillac colors?

65rivtag.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Beautiful engine art!  

Picky picky dept.: shouldn't the water pump be engine color?

I think you right about that - personally I just liked the contrast . Maybe change it another date when the mood strikes me . 

KReed

ROA 14549

8 hours ago, JimJordan said:

It is a "Special Car Order" SCO code.  I wish i knew what the special order color was so I can repaint it back.  The origal color was a bit darker and less green more grey appearing.  Is there any way to document what the original color was?  It was originally owned by a member of the Lammerts family like the fabulous Samoan Bronze 65 GS so I wonder if they ordered several in Cadillac colors?

65rivtag.jpg

Interesting. Well if a Cadillac paint perhaps it is Peacock Firemist (my best guess and a spectacular color) or Alpine Turquoise...but can you tell this is the original color/paint (aka has it had a repaint?).

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.04.20 PM.png

Not a car but found a use for a couple of nice wheels I have had laying around so decided to do something with them. Friend of mine welded it together for me yesterday and it found a spot in my shop . The top is a 10X 24  and the crank is out of a GM 454 and the bottom is a standard road wheel for early Rivs . Weight 185 lbs ( my back is still hurting from lifting it into my truck !  Definitely not going anywhere easily .

KReed

ROA 14549

F160D8FB-4B54-4D74-BBB6-B4BB01BED505.jpeg

39D7D675-4998-4F97-90DB-A41E68ECEE40.jpeg

66383330-CF65-4671-92F0-57B168B6BAFD.jpeg

92E41B08-6B9F-47B2-AB96-6F92813F9CBE.jpeg

• Like 4

This, unfortunately, was the last of my 4 - 63s. I shipped the car from Norfolk VA (it was a California car) to Catania, Italy and then drove it to Naples. Some cops stopped me on the Autostrada in Reggio Calabria and asked where I was going. I said Napoli. They kind of shook their heads and said "CIao". It didn't look like this at the time, of course.

11949275_10206357708534337_1710645661940783711_n.jpg

Edited by usbear2009
Thought of some more information. (see edit history)
  • Sad 2

Kissing cousins.

Just got my first big body Pontiac that I always wanted!

SJ 400 with floor shift/console.

Still not enough leg room - ugh

Whoa.JPG

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, PWB said:

Kissing cousins.

Whoa.JPG

Back in the late 70's-early 80's I had a 1977 SJ 400, 2-tone silver and dark metallic grey with a red leather interior. It had all the options and it could really smoke those tires. With all of that power it still got 25mpg on the highway. I loved that car and today it is still my favorite. Had to sell in 1982 as I was getting married and one of our cars had to go. Sadly, mine was the one.☹️ 

Bill

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PWB said:

Kissing cousins.

Whoa.JPG

NICE...WOW!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PWB said:

Hubba-hubba!  :wub:  I have always liked those too!  A '69 - '72 GP would certainly look good in my garage.  You do have a knack for finding 'black beauties'!  Where did you find that one?  Did it come with the honeycombs?

Thanks

She was on Hemmings find of the week. PO put the honeycombs on but they are a heavy, noisy and unbalanced PITA.

I need a wheel solution as she is my daily driver.

2 hours ago, PWB said:

Thanks

She was on Hemmings find of the week. PO put the honeycombs on but they are a heavy, noisy and unbalanced PITA.

I need a wheel solution as she is my daily driver.

I never cared for the honeycombs myself. My 1977 had the rally wheels with trim rings. I always liked those. i wouldn't think it would be too hard to find a set.

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riviera63 said:

I never cared for the honeycombs myself. My 1977 had the rally wheels with trim rings. I always liked those. i wouldn't think it would be too hard to find a set.

Bill

I kinda like the honeycombs. Huge part of design is the mimicry of nature.