Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

On 6/5/2020 at 10:53 AM, bodayguy said:

I put my 64 on a truck to Columbus and a new owner, Brian. Hopefully he joins the board here. You guys have been great. I do hope years down the line I can get a 65. Beautiful cars!!

CD45BC44-4B18-41D7-A216-4FE89DE611B1.jpeg

Columbus, Ohio?  I have a matching one with red interior.  Would like to meet up with others in the area who have first gens!

Thanks,

Robert

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MY64RIVIERA said:

Columbus, Ohio?  I have a matching one with red interior.  Would like to meet up with others in the area who have first gens!

Thanks,

Robert

You can download the ROA membership roster from the website, save it, then sort it by state, city, or zip code. It can be saved as an excel document and you can sort it many different ways. Once you have that, you could look for others in your area with first generations, and make contact with them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kegart said:

Looks great Bob. The hard work is done.

Kevin 

Kev, thank you. I believe the gent who was lead mechanic on this install is top of the heap. No short cups, no rush ( but we do keep moving), well thought and planned. His long time experience in engine swaps and replacement is a big plus in my book. We have nut run the gauge tubing yet, but we have a plan. I wrapped the copper tubing in black rubber hose to cushion the tubing from vibration and wear. I sealed the water temp black hose I split with black rubber cement.

Hooking up gauges, water hoses, fix crimps, adjust belt tension, check and double check nuts and bolts, water in the radiator, fluid in steering pump, check transmission after we get it running. Check for leaks. Hopefully good to go for a ride by the weekend. Kev, moving slow these daze.

Turbinator

Riviera Owners Association Annual International Meet 2019
Gettysburg, PA #Gettysburg 
Wyndham Hotel @wyndham
Hot air balloon above and beyond the car show display parking lot, early morning June 28th, 2019. No one suspected that Gettysburg would have the highest temperature in the nation that day. What a scorcher!

20190628_063440.thumb.jpg.dde04078cd4fac702afa28f3efac3a73.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Hot air balloon above and beyond the car show display parking lot, early morning June 28th, 2019. No one suspected that Gettysburg would have the highest temperature in the nation that day. What a scorcher!

It was hot, but the cars were gorgeous. Perhaps half an hour later, from another angle:

48164666586_78955b211d_k.jpg

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 7/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, kegart said:

Looks great Bob. The hard work is done.

Kevin 

Kevin, the little stuff is no longer little. Threading the copper tubing thru the console thru the floor board and threading one of the tubes from the engine bay back up and around thru the floor was not killer, but not little either. Getting the hoses routed in a neat orderly fashion is not my strong point and it takes time for my weary head to figure how to get things were they got to go without leaks. Only leak I have is at the gauge where the oil pressure tube comes in. I think I forgot to go back after trial fit and put on the Teflon tape.

The engine started with no trouble. The engine sounded r e a l good. I was actually surprised the engine started with such little effort. I thought I’d have to spend some time re-doing this that and the other to get it to start.

Next is my favorite of all- flushing the AC lines, O rings, hooking the lines up and pulling a vacuum. Then charging the system with R12. Piece of cake.

Turbinator

( The car gets dusty while you work on it!)

_MAS8016.thumb.JPG.d5b8499d6a6745d1b4fe1e95fddddfa6.JPG

For those who may be interested, I finally created a website devoted to documenting our ownership and care of The Aqua Zephyr.

Follow this link:

"The Aqua Zephyr" | 1968 Buick Riviera website

The site content is a little skimpy right now. I have a blog section that I plan to drone on about fixes, upgrades, grand plans and missed opportunities associated with this Riviera.

Your feedback is welcome.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2020 at 11:09 AM, NC1968Riviera said:

Riviera Owners Association Annual International Meet 2019
Gettysburg, PA #Gettysburg 
Wyndham Hotel @wyndham

Not ROA related, but temperature related …

My one and only BCA meet, so far anyway, 2012 in Concord, NC, the temperature got up to 104°!!!

It was at the Charlotte Motor Speedway; they did give the judges a break and had us pull the cars into the garage areas for the judging. It certainly was a hot one that day.

001.thumb.JPG.b4977c4a17cc5920a4185a4130e01be8.JPG

I know there were a few other forum members enjoying the heat at that meet too.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rivman said:

Not ROA related, but temperature related …

My one and only BCA meet, so far anyway, 2012 in Concord, NC, the temperature got up to 104°!!!

It was at the Charlotte Motor Speedway; they did give the judges a break and had us pull the cars into the garage areas for the judging. It certainly was a hot one that day.

I know there were a few other forum members enjoying the heat at that meet too.

It can get hot at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The National Corvette Restorer's Society annual convention was there in July 2010, and the heat is my lasting memory.

• Haha 1

That '64 has potential, nice. Keep it drivable if you can while you transform it to your liking.

Cars & Coffee - The Syracuse Nationals would've been this past weekend at the state fairgrounds. Next year.

John B.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 10:40 AM, mrrodriguez77 said:

Just picked up my first Riviera this weekend.  '64 with 425.  She is a running project but needs some TLC.  

Congrats and welcome to the Riviera Owners family!

Please be sure and consider joining the ROA at your soonest convenience (if you haven't already done so!). www.rivowners.org is the place to go. Membership has it's privileges!

Keep us updated on your progress. Use the search feature to find previous discussions about topics that you will inevitably want to know about. Otherwise post a new thread and our trusty lot of experts will provide more information then you could ever hope to receive! :lol:

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 8:57 PM, RivNut said:

Are you saving the dash from the one on its way to the salvage yard?  Might be the donor for that last gen dash in a first gen car.

Now there’s an idea …

That might be why I added a room on the back of my garage, not big enough of course, to store my last generation parts in. Planning to send it away with it stripped to the sheet metal inside, and probably even keep some of the bracketry that everything connects to.

• Like 1

The 180,000-mile, Jadestone 1995 Riviera is gone to its new home. Looks pretty good for a 25-year-old, fairly high mile car, pretty close to ROA meet presentation ready.

515592949_IMG_5402(2).thumb.JPG.0b3b18e378e17f6320435695c67dbed9.JPG

Of course, the NCDMV was VERY uncooperative, so more to follow there, but it is gone from here anyway.

Down to ten, with a few more planned to go away. I collected several to work-on and enjoy during my retirement, and now have way more than I will ever be able to complete.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RivNut said:

@Rivman If go so far as to put the dash from the salvage car  into a 1st generation Riviera, you might as well go all the way with a complete interior swap.  No hill for a climber.

I’m not sure what your computer or I-pad is trying to say here, “If go so far.”

But yep, as I said on page 54 of this thread, that is part of my 100-year plan. The whole thing.

My PLAN is, a last generation Graphite interior: dash, seats, headliner, carpet, side and door panels, a seventh-generation sunroof, all into my original ‘65. Then use 1995 Smokey Amethyst Metallic paint, and the emblems from a ’95 to complete it. One of these days I might even get close to figuring out if it will actually work … or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally had a day without a threat of rain, so took the Riv’ for a Sunday cruise to the links.

The way my day went, shoulda left the clubs in the trunk and kept driving, way more consistent driving in the Riv, than on the tee box...

Later,

2039B00A-0E7F-4946-A0E0-11898BDF91B6.jpeg

5CE317A0-9C9A-4CC8-9DFF-CF6B81D6ABFF.jpeg

• Like 4

At least you don't fall into the same category as my buddy Gary.  The course marshall yelled at him through his bull horn a couple of times. "Will you please leave the ladies' tee box and return to the men's box!" After a couple of these warnings, my friend turned to the marshall  and said  "Will you please quit interupting me and let me take my 2nd shot?"

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2