bb1970

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:23 PM, neatname said:

I am sorry to folks who like em stock..

No apologies needed. It's your car and you should fix it up the way you want it without regard to what anyone else thinks.

The main thing is to enjoy the car and the memories you are making with it!

My two cents worth...

(I like the stance, btw)

• Like 2

Here is a pic of my 65. Had it for over 10 years now. Very fun car to drive around town. Looking to put some "reverse" style Supremes on there next, if any of you have experience with reverse style wheels, any advice would be appreciated. Thx. 

10FD88AA-9F57-4DAC-B606-9F9824F601DD.jpg

• Like 7

Today The Aqua Zephyr had its first photo shoot of the year. She was very well behaved as I tried to capture her best sides. The dogwood trees and Wisteria vines are in full bloom in Fayetteville, North Carolina. 

I submitted some pictures from this shoot and an article for consideration in the "Buick Bugle". 

IMG_5531-1.thumb.JPG.93bd542abd896db3ae09b747795577d9.JPG

IMG_5557.thumb.JPG.e54257c5bb0cfa5ec63fb26ee2a656c1.JPG

IMG_5592.thumb.JPG.8ea8282fd04d43a75f49e1643261c83d.JPG

IMG_5598.thumb.JPG.288bdc680a4dcb4e55b903db74e3cd89.JPG

IMG_5550.thumb.JPG.63700a088592d64f6e38bb334bdb039c.JPG

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

Soap and water takes my engine bay a long way.

33947256-8EF7-41F2-9BDA-3B28E94B8090.jpeg

735D75CE-7006-46BD-BBCE-342A08616167.jpeg

D8738CE2-E541-4083-9807-1E1CFD7D17CF.jpeg

C2A2CA90-94A1-4CC0-AD17-E562EA16CC67.jpeg

Too bad you're not driving this to the ROA  meet this summer. Lookin' good. 

3 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Too bad you're not driving this to the ROA  meet this summer. Lookin' good. 

Ed, I wanted to drive the Red Riviera to the meet. When I finish the meet I’m flying to Pensacola for in laws 60 th wedding anniversary. The Red Riviera could hopefully make the round trip from Baltimore, Kansas, Florida, and back to Baltimore. The driver I’m not sure would enjoy a long ride without company.

Carliyle PA meet is less than 100 miles north of my home. I’ll be certain to drive up to the meet in October. Thank you for the compliment. 

Red Riviera Bob

On 3/26/2018 at 6:36 PM, SB3 said:

Here is a pic of my 65. Had it for over 10 years now. Very fun car to drive around town. Looking to put some "reverse" style Supremes on there next, if any of you have experience with reverse style wheels, any advice would be appreciated. Thx. 

The automobile looks fine to me.

whatever you like, enjoy, and have fun in is what it is all about. The stance is strong, real strong.

4 minutes ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

The automobile looks fine to me.

whatever you like, enjoy, and have fun in is what it is all about. The stance is strong, real strong.

Thx Red. Was able to get some feedback from some other posters as well. Seems like a hassle, going to leave it the same. 

18 minutes ago, SB3 said:

Thx Red. Was able to get some feedback from some other posters as well. Seems like a hassle, going to leave it the same. 

They have wheels all over that hopefully could fill your bill. Lot of ROA gents are in to keeping the ride stock. The west coast gents in Southern CA would seem to be a great place to source some wheels. Major League custom shops I hear are all over in LA and LA, Orange County.

Stay well

Red Riviera Bob

On 27/03/2018 at 9:06 AM, SB3 said:

So SB3. Does that mean you gonna quit the wheels that are on it!  They look way too good to not use, I could find a nice home for them .... if you were not so far away! 

Rodney ?????

Have a good weekend all. Finally had the first shakedown run..minor tweaks needed, just glad to be part of the Riviera family. 

_I0A0665.JPG

_I0A0740.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, demon452 said:

My 64 work in progress

20180317_134340.jpg

Demon452, excellent progress. My favorite color combo. I ALWAYS liked the original body design. How you present the stance is all personal taste. I’m old school with early 60’s Los Angeles influences. Lowriders style is Still with me today and I’m closing in on 70. I’m in no way a hopper or show car lowrider. Actually my car is stock height ...it is all I can do to get in out now! 

• Like 1

I had some rust to repair around the back window so I decided to paint the top. It actually has blue ghost pearl so it does have a blue glow in the sun. I tried looking for ideas on how to do the top. I didn't want the complete 2 tone look which seems rather common. So I had swooped the back on the quarters. If that makes sense.

20180317_134340.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, neatname said:

Have a good weekend all. Finally had the first shakedown run..minor tweaks needed, just glad to be part of the Riviera family. 

_I0A0665.JPG

_I0A0740.JPG

Excellent photography with choice background. Unique.

Rear dip poised launch. 

(And/or weak springs - bodies in trunk)

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 3

These pictures are from last summer. I am going to drive it to Overland Park this June. I hope winter is over by then.

20170807_164932.jpg

20170807_164949.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like rain

BAT.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I haven't posted a picture of my car but I guess it's about time...here it is.  I was looking for something that I could still tinker on but I didn't want a complete project.  I found this one in the  CA desert and got it for a fair price.  The paint isn't 100% my style but it is really clean.  I lowered the rear and the front is sagging I think.  I added the wheels and replaced the wide whitewalls with skinny whites.  The engine is a 425 and I changed out the carburetor.  An old Dixco tach was added to the dash and I got a new aftermarket side mirror.  There is still so much more to do.

I'm happy with it right now and I just need to enjoy cruising it.

20180413_165746_30.thumb.jpg.da125bb15e05015c4aa94007766987e8.jpg

Edited by first64riv
added info. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thought I would post a few pics of my 65 GS project - started with a true barn find three years ago . Have been through two previous so called "experts " from which I had to pull the car - long story , lessons learned, dollars spent  but finally have a great guy doing a nice job with ETA of about 3-4 months . Changed the color  from verde green to burgundy with black custom interior to come . Will post more pics as they come available . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Looks awesome Ken! 3rd times a charm! Glad to see to it coming together. It will be stunning.

Good on you Kreed for giving that car a new life. Amazing!

On 04/04/2018 at 2:17 AM, Red Riviera Bob said:

Soap and water takes my engine bay a long way.

33947256-8EF7-41F2-9BDA-3B28E94B8090.jpeg

735D75CE-7006-46BD-BBCE-342A08616167.jpeg

D8738CE2-E541-4083-9807-1E1CFD7D17CF.jpeg

C2A2CA90-94A1-4CC0-AD17-E562EA16CC67.jpeg

Wow, that is impressive. So is that a power wash or just good old elbow grease? 

Bob, what did you use and how,  to get that great result?

7 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Wow, that is impressive. So is that a power wash or just good old elbow grease? 

Bob, what did you use and how,  to get that great result?

Rodney, thank you for the compliment. I had engine work performed and I said while you have the engine apart go ahead and paint the engine and the engine bay. The attention to detail on the fittings were shined with a dremel tool and an abrasive attachment jewelers use. I’ll send a pick of the abrasive in a pm. I keep the bay wiped down and clean by first blowing all the debris out. Then I vacuum the engine. Next I use a degreaser and brush the crevices. I rinse with just a damp rag. I dress the hoses with a Meguires product for black rubber, etc. The phrase “soap and water take ..... a long way” is saying used for a little self deprecation indicating when I or something I have is clean it is a major improvement over the norm. Since this pic was taken I purchase one of those fake Delco battery topper to make my battery look brand and period correct. I was surprised how much I had jiggle and place the battery to get the hood ( bonnet?) to close. 

BTW, I have added yet another kill switch in addition to the one in the ashtray. No pics or telling where the second switch is hiding. I’ve sent the clock off for a quartz update. My belief is car clocks n e v e r were reliable with the original movement. Some have said all I had to do was clean the clock and I’d be back in business. I decided to have some else do the work. I just finished treating the undercarriage of the car with a rust preventer known as POR 15. I used a brush for first coating of the preventer, then used a POR 15 Topcoat aerolsol spray. In hindsight I would done better job AND faster had I purchased the special spray gun with hoses that reach inside the channel and bulk purchase of the preventer. Now I’m trying to get the speedometer casing at the speedometer end to stop leaking fluid. Seems as though to get a vintage car in good condition takes time, work, and for me a significant amount of money.Stay well RRB

On 4/17/2018 at 11:13 PM, kreed said:

Thought I would post a few pics of my 65 GS project - started with a true barn find three years ago . Have been through two previous so called "experts " from which I had to pull the car - long story , lessons learned, dollars spent  but finally have a great guy doing a nice job with ETA of about 3-4 months . Changed the color  from verde green to burgundy with black custom interior to come . Will post more pics as they come available . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Outstanding show car level restoration. My friends in this area would say, “ A person must have deep pockets and long arms for that job”. Over the top presentation of automobile industrial art.

RRB

• Like 1