Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

Hi all,

Just Joined R.O.A and thought i would introduce myself, lol or my car that is. Just purchased my first Riviera. Its a little rough but i am super stoked on it. I am the second owner, it is a 65, it has 110k miles on it and has spent the last 35 years in a garage unmoved. Anyway been going through the website and forums and i am really impressed with the amount of resources available through your community. Look forward to learning a lot!

43232867_10217205265034087_5790673408970719232_n.jpg

43043413_10217205262914034_8141701956629430272_n.jpg

43248223_10217205264114064_2879259076380852224_n.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chimera said:

I been gearing up the 66 Super Wildcat and just got claws for the paws with these Redlines and Turbine BLADED wheels.

Watch-out! Don't get to close!!!!

Opinions are welcome (good or bad).

IMG958097.jpg

IMG958099.jpg

IMG958101.jpg

Love it 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 71GS said:

Here is my 65 I picked up last month. Wanted a 65 forever..😎

F159A8DE-77C5-4AF4-927E-0CFCB48DE591.jpeg

Gorgeous.

Yeah the Turquoise Mist is a great color. You got some little blades on there too! You can't go wrong with the 65 front end. Some people call them clamshells, I call them knight's helm after talking with one of the designers at an RoA meeting that said they had been instructed to get inspiration from medieval armor at the museum. They open up like a plate armor helmet...kinda...

3 hours ago, 71GS said:

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.34.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.35.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.36.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.36.46 AM.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 71GS said:

Here is my 65 I picked up last month. Wanted a 65 forever..😎

Beautiful Riv! Have you joined the ROA yet? If not, please consider doing so. You will find a wealth of information on the ROA website that may be useful. www.rivowners.org

Plus the ROA annual meets are a fun event to attend as a member.

13 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Beautiful Riv! Have you joined the ROA yet? If not, please consider doing so. You will find a wealth of information on the ROA website that may be useful. www.rivowners.org

Plus the ROA annual meets are a fun event to attend as a member.

Thanks Mike & Gabriel. 

Mike, I first joined the ROA in 1990😉 when I was 18. My first car was a 71 and I’ve been hooked ever since. I agree the club Is great. I actually found this car thanks the the members area Classifieds on the site. It belonged to ROA #64 Bob Schwerdski, he owned it from ‘81. My wife and I attended the Harrisburg and Lexington meets with our silver 71GS. It was sold to member Chris Pollack last year. 

Brian

CCE916A6-71E5-487F-BCF2-E24146CB53D2.jpeg

Edited by 71GS (see edit history)
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Rivman said:

Here I am trying to DOWNSIZE, and look what followed me home this weekend …

1491376333_IMG_5131(2).thumb.JPG.f0ee7fcdb466709babac8da1c4aca6ee.JPG

I got down to nine, but now back up to eleven. Still working on downsizing, just a couple more in the mix to work on now.

Maybe J3Studio can take one off your hands!

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rivman said:

I got down to nine, but now back up to eleven. Still working on downsizing, just a couple more in the mix to work on now.

Tell us some more about them.  Gwyn must be very understanding.  Or do you title them in her name?  Bettin' you insurance agent loves you .

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rivman said:

Details, please. I have some suspicions, but I need details …

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

Tell us some more about them.  Gwyn must be very understanding.  Or do you title them in her name?  Bettin' you insurance agent loves you .

Yes, she is VERY understanding, and I haven’t even put all of them in my name. Oh yea, the insurance company loves me every August.

These are a couple more left to me by another member. He bought them with high miles, took good care of them, and even had some paint touch up work done. They both need some attention, but once again I’m not sure exactly what I am going to do with them … yet, I just needed to get them moved from where they were.

33 minutes ago, J3Studio said:

Details, please. I have some suspicions, but I need details …

Both are 1995, neither of them has a sunroof, and both are high mile cars, one at 177K, and the other at 237K. The higher mile car has a leather bench seat too, a pretty stripped version.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rivman said:

Both are 1995, neither of them has a sunroof, and both are high mile cars, one at 177K, and the other at 237K. The higher mile car has a leather bench seat too, a pretty stripped version.

Are you still thinking about installing a '95 era dash and interior in a 1st generation car?  Any clues yet as to how it could be done?

4 hours ago, Rivman said:

I find the bench seat cars very interesting—it seems they were a low percentage of production.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RivNut said:

Are you still thinking about installing a '95 era dash and interior in a 1st generation car?  Any clues yet as to how it could be done?

Yep, still thinking about it, that is part of my 100-year plan. Not sure I’ll ever get there, but still contemplating it.

So no, no clues yet.

19 hours ago, J3Studio said:

I find the bench seat cars very interesting—it seems they were a low percentage of production.

The low production numbers of the bench seat were discussed a little bit on your “Guides To Purchasing” thread a while back. As many of these as I have looked at/into over the years, I have seen very few.

9 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Randall,

Your name isn't Rivman for nuthin. You live up to it well! Congrats on the additions. Reminds me of my mother in law who is supposed to be getting rid of horses but more seem to keep appearing!

Well actually there are others out there with MORE than I have, and several others that have much NICER examples than I too.

I bet at least your mother in law has the space to keep adding horses, I really don’t need to be adding anything with the lack of space I already have.

2 hours ago, Rivman said:

Well actually there are others out there with MORE than I have, and several others that have much NICER examples than I too.

I bet at least your mother in law has the space to keep adding horses, I really don’t need to be adding anything with the lack of space I already have.

Maybe you could get Jason's mother in law to store some Rivieras for you.  If you're on the 100 year plan, there should be no problems.

For those who may be interested, I wrote a short article for the Buick Bugle about our trip to the ROA meet in Gettysburg this year.

I posted an extended version of it in the "Me and My Buick" forum.

You can read it here:

The nice thing about publishing to the web is that you can include many more pictures and include videos compared to print publishing.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 7:15 PM, PWB said:

Those wheels are boss.

Are they over drum breaks?

What model are they?

I still have all (4) drum brakes.  I thought about converting the fronts to discs but then I would have to deal with the additional brake dust.

Wheels were on the car when I bought it... they are very similar to the Ridler 695.  22" on the rear and 20" on the front.  

Haven't posted in ages because I've been working on a ton of projects, but I love the colors of these pics I took tonight.  The area is still under construction, so pardon the piles of dirt and lawn bags, but figured maybe some of you guys might like these.  Have kind of a Vega strip-vibe to them I think which is very fitting for the car...

IMG_20191012_182643728.thumb.jpg.b41566dc469cb9c8b1c16e2dcfa96072.jpgIMG_20191012_183021488.thumb.jpg.dd91b87a4af4c0b27141db95b7ed9574.jpg

IMG_20191012_182735021.thumb.jpg.7a92d97e76e2934705ecc56e470ced43.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, Rivdrivn said:

Just got back from a car show at a local nudist resort. Ruby wasn't the only one topless today

I'll bet any pictures you took had to be taken at creative angles to avoid any 'sensitive' content! :lol:

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)